VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 360 of 1466, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I don't think uploading CD or Floppy images with a photo CD / Floppy is going to be causing too many issues.

If you'd need someone to test a CD, shouldn't be hard to find someone here 🤣

One thing I always run into is trying to find out, well what's the difference between this and that version. A lot of the drivers uploaded to the archive have little notes, which are awesome because someone used them and has a bit of feedback to give.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 361 of 1466, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My 2 cents: there are already places where one can find things like vga_driver.zip, I don't think we need one more 😉 I'd vote towards keeping it neat and clean, thus more usable than having more content of doubtable quality.

Reply 362 of 1466, by pewpewpew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
philscomputerlab wrote:

A lot of the drivers uploaded to the archive have little notes, which are awesome because someone used them and has a bit of feedback to give.

Perhaps we could have a Comments box follow Description, in order to encourage this.

Reply 363 of 1466, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
SquallStrife wrote:

Edit: Another new feature just added: Tree menu now remembers your position while browsing around.

Great job! Two things:
1. The folder icon should change to "open" beside where the text has been bolded in the tree menu (this is not happening for me upon a folder change)
2. If you wanted to get REAL fancy, your tree menu should also remember the status of the [+] and [-] of each folder with subfolders. Not sure if that matters to anyone though... 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 364 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:
Great job! Two things: 1. The folder icon should change to "open" beside where the text has been bolded in the tree menu (this i […]
Show full quote
SquallStrife wrote:

Edit: Another new feature just added: Tree menu now remembers your position while browsing around.

Great job! Two things:
1. The folder icon should change to "open" beside where the text has been bolded in the tree menu (this is not happening for me upon a folder change)
2. If you wanted to get REAL fancy, your tree menu should also remember the status of the [+] and [-] of each folder with subfolders. Not sure if that matters to anyone though... 😀

1. Done
2. That could get a bit messy, but I'll put it on the list.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 365 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

FYI:

We have scheduled maintenance on all servers to be performed in the next few hours. This maintenance is expected to be performed […]
Show full quote

We have scheduled maintenance on all servers to be performed in the next few hours. This maintenance is expected to be performed during a 2 hour window starting at Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 at 9:00pm CST. The maintenance is only expected to take around 20 minutes per server.

Maintenance Details:

Maintenance Window Open: Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 at 9:00pm CST
Duration: 20 minutes
Maintenance Window Close: Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 at 11:00pm CST
Description: We are applying an update to glibc on linux in response to the GHOST gethostbyname() heap overflow in glibc (CVE-2015-0235) vulnerability that affects our hosting servers. This is an urgent security update that is currently being pushed to all servers.

Reply 366 of 1466, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Uploads seem to have slowed down 🙁

I'll scan my drives for anything I think is interesting that I haven't yet shared...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 367 of 1466, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a request:
The Aztech driver for the Waverider Platinum asks for files from the Aztech "MIDI Music Workstation CD".
Does anyone have this CD?

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 368 of 1466, by Jolaes76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Mike,
No luck the the Aztech stuff either so far 🙁 Could have sworn I have the original disks and a CD but they are gone. Hope someone else still has them.

on the general topic:

I recently uploaded some LS-120 Superdisk drivers "stolen and rebranded" from the MSFN Forums as some interest raised (yep Bristlehog, I hope you will find these useful)
I am also planning a massive IBM PS/2 driver upload.

"Ita in vita ut in lusu alae pessima iactura arte corrigenda est."

Reply 369 of 1466, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have uploaded GraV UTIL V2.0 and V4.0.. Its software from gravis to calibrate your joysticks and gamepads in dos.. This software is also need for the gravis eliminator game card:

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … =765&menustate= the software comes from the old gravis website from its own source.

Better save then sorry.

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 370 of 1466, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a driver disk to share if the Driver Library dosnt have it already.

Its the driver disk for the 8 bit ISA Video Seven "Vega" VGA/EGA/CGA card.
I found the driver disk on a 20MB HDD installed in a 286 system with said video card so I can not know for sure if the package is complete.
EDIT: There were a "CONTENTS.DOC" file and it seems the package is complete.

I have uploaded the archive to a free file dump site for now, it would be great if someone with access to the driver library could upload the file.
http://www.filedropper.com/v7vega

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 371 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Skyscraper wrote:
I have a driver disk to share if the Driver Library dosnt have it already. […]
Show full quote

I have a driver disk to share if the Driver Library dosnt have it already.

Its the driver disk for the 8 bit ISA Video Seven "Vega" VGA/EGA/CGA card.
I found the driver disk on a 20MB HDD installed in a 286 system with said video card so I can not know for sure if the package is complete.
EDIT: There were a "CONTENTS.DOC" file and it seems the package is complete.

I have uploaded the archive to a free file dump site for now, it would be great if someone with access to the driver library could upload the file.
http://www.filedropper.com/v7vega

Done! 😀

Reply 372 of 1466, by Slaventus86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've made .ISO of the driver disc for SimFUSION 6000/6500 graphic cards, it is the latest available driver for Windows XP. Here is the link http://vgamuseum.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/0 … SION_driver.zip

Videocard Virtual Museum

Reply 373 of 1466, by Jolaes76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I uploaded all Aztech ISA Sound Galaxy drivers from their old ftp. Repacked everything to straight ZIP to avoid issues with 16bit stubs in antique installers. I know some drivers are already present on Vogonsdrivers, yet, please allow me some replication in this bundle.

Reply 374 of 1466, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have been slowly working on finishing up my Retro DOS/Win98SE machine and finally put the last part in.. an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum.

I downloaded the Driver CD ISO from here, but after much searching, I was able to find a download for the EAX 4.0 driver update that supports WIN98SE. Creative no longer has this file linked on their support page, so I think it should be posted to the driver library.

http://www.filedropper.com/sba2webuppcwdrv1-84-40

The description of the update is as follows:

EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD Driver Patch Update for Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS
SBA2-WEBUP-W5-LB

This update contains additional features and fixes to improve the performance of your Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 or Audigy 2 ZS series audio card.

Fixes
Resolves the issue of THX® Setup Console resetting to default values whenever it is launched.
Removes noise and distortion when THX Setup Console is used.
Synchronizes the settings between EAX® ADVANCED HD™ and Creative Graphic Equalizer.
Enables MIDI device name display in Windows® Multimedia Device and SoundFont® Bank Manager.
Enables the activation of imported EAX effect presets.
Resolves the audio mute issue that is encountered when certain EAX effect presets are activated.
Resolves the system stall issue that is encountered when rewinding or fast-forwarding DTS®-encoded audio CDs, on external DVD players that are playing back through your audio card.
Enhances the performance of PC games that use native OpenAL API extensions.

Requirements
Microsoft® Windows XP SP1, Windows 2000 SP3, Windows Millennium Edition or Windows 98 Second Edition.
For Audigy 2 series audio cards:
The updated EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD driver available on the web (released on 19 November 2003).
For Audigy 2 ZS series audio cards:
The original EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD driver from the Installation and Applications CD; or
The updated EAX 4.0 ADVANCED HD driver available on the web (released on 19 November 2003).

Notes
This update is for all Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS series audio cards, which include the Platinum, Platinum eX, Platinum Pro, Digital Audio and Gamer versions.
This update is not meant for original Audigy series audio cards.
This update is not meant for USB Audigy 2 NX or other external Sound Blaster audio products.
If you later wish to install older or newer versions of Audigy 2 or Audigy 2 ZS drivers, you must first uninstall this update. Uninstallation steps are displayed during installation.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 375 of 1466, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cyclone3d wrote:

I downloaded the Driver CD ISO from here, but after much searching, I was able to find a download for the EAX 4.0 driver update that supports WIN98SE. Creative no longer has this file linked on their support page, so I think it should be posted to the driver library.

Thanks. I uploaded it to VOGONS Driver.

Reply 376 of 1466, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thanks!

After digging around some more, I think I was able to find the rest of the Win98 compatible Audigy2/ZS driver update packages.

SBA2_PCWDRV_LB_1_8_4_55-R1.exe (Released May 5, 2005)
(SBA2-WEBUP-W9-LB)
http://www.filedropper.com/sba2pcwdrvlb18455-r1
This web download combines the fixes and enhancements from previous driver updates for your Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 and Audigy2 ZS series internal audio device.­
Fixes:

SBA2_­PCWDRV_­LB_­1_­84_­55.­exe (Released on 9 Dec 04)
http://www.filedropper.com/sba2pcwdrvlb18455
Enables Digital Rights Management support

EAX4DRV_­AUDIGY2_­1_­84_­50.­exe (Released on 29 Jul 2004)
http://www.filedropper.com/eax4drvaudigy218450
Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when the phone cable is disconnected from the modem while an Internet connection is being established

SBA2_­WEBUP_­PCWDRV_­1-84-40.­exe (Released on 29 Mar 2004)
(This is the one I uploaded before. Should probably be renamed on VOGONS DRIVERS since it is not the initial EAX 4.0 driver update.

Ensures THX Setup Console does not reset to default values when launched
Removes noise and distortion when using THX Setup Console
Synchronizes settings between EAX ADVANCED HD and Creative Graphic Equalizer
Enables MIDI device name display in both Windows Multimedia Device and SoundFont Bank Manager
Enables activation of imported EAX effect presets
Resolves the audio mute issue when certain EAX effect presets are activated
Restores system functionality when searching backwards or forwards while playing DTS-encoded audio CDs on an external DVD player, with audio routed through your audio device
Enhances the performance of PC games that use native OpenAL API extensions

EAX 4.­0 ADVANCED HD Driver Update (SBA2_­EAX4DRV_­031031.­exe Released on 19 Nov 2003) for Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Audigy 2 ZS
(Supposedly this one is supposed to be installed before 1-84-40)
http://www.filedropper.com/sba2eax4drv031031

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 377 of 1466, by TimmermanV

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Last weekend I successfully installed a OPTi 82C925 based sound (SB Pro compatible) card in Windows 95+DOS, using drivers I got from here: http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/0/soporte.uson.mx/FT … DIO/OPTI/82C925
925d_w.exe contains DOS and Windows 3.11 software/drivers. (Didn't test the windows 3.11 apps/drivers, the dos software works)
925w95dx.zip contains Win95 drivers (these appear to be working just fine, got sound and midi)
925wnt.exe (Windows NT drivers, untested)

It took me quite a while to find these drivers. Perhaps it could be added to vogonsdrivers.com?

More info: The site appears to be a mirror of this ftp: ftp://soporte.uson.mx/FTP/DRIVERS/AUDIO/OPTI/82C925
This is the 'support' ftp of a Mexican university "Universidad de Sonora". I noticed there are many more drivers on that site, so it may be a good idea to get a copy.

Reply 378 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi all, some pretty awful personal stuff going on right now, sorry for the delay in checking on this thread.

Slaventus86 wrote:

I've made .ISO of the driver disc for SimFUSION 6000/6500 graphic cards, it is the latest available driver for Windows XP. Here is the link http://vgamuseum.ru/wp-content/uploads/2015/0 … SION_driver.zip

Uploaded!!

cyclone3d wrote:

After digging around some more, I think I was able to find the rest of the Win98 compatible Audigy2/ZS driver update packages.

All these links are broken. 🙁

TimmermanV wrote:
Last weekend I successfully installed a OPTi 82C925 based sound (SB Pro compatible) card in Windows 95+DOS, using drivers I got […]
Show full quote

Last weekend I successfully installed a OPTi 82C925 based sound (SB Pro compatible) card in Windows 95+DOS, using drivers I got from here: http://www.mmnt.net/db/0/0/soporte.uson.mx/FT … DIO/OPTI/82C925
925d_w.exe contains DOS and Windows 3.11 software/drivers. (Didn't test the windows 3.11 apps/drivers, the dos software works)
925w95dx.zip contains Win95 drivers (these appear to be working just fine, got sound and midi)
925wnt.exe (Windows NT drivers, untested)

It took me quite a while to find these drivers. Perhaps it could be added to vogonsdrivers.com?

More info: The site appears to be a mirror of this ftp: ftp://soporte.uson.mx/FTP/DRIVERS/AUDIO/OPTI/82C925
This is the 'support' ftp of a Mexican university "Universidad de Sonora". I noticed there are many more drivers on that site, so it may be a good idea to get a copy.

I'm uploading those 3 as we speak, it would be cool if someone could have a poke around and see if there's anything we don't already have.

Reply 379 of 1466, by Jolaes76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well I suggest adding the rest of the Opti chipset stuff as well - that is the good thing on that Mexican site, they also have 924, 933 etc drivers so adding all these small drivers to ONE "joker" OPTi package makes more sense less clutter on the list and not much overload on the server either (if you need want one driver, no trouble getting all instead)
That is what I always try to, all-inclusive but reasonably small packages.