VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 760 of 1466, by borichka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just uploaded "Hercules Driver and Utility CD-ROM" ISO images for Hercules Stingray 128/3D (and other Hercules cards). Hope it helps someone.

https://archive.org/details/herccd154
https://archive.org/details/herccd159

HERC_CD154_PIC_thumb.jpg

Reply 761 of 1466, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I heard there is a driver from isd corp for the cirrus logic 5446. It appear it was commercial at first but turned out being freeware eventually. I'm curious about it but I can find no place to download it. I'm surprised driverguide.com have a link for a windows 10 version as it's a win9x driver 🤣 . Anyway if someone have it I think it would be a good idea to archive it on vogons drivers collection.

Reply 762 of 1466, by mram427

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is my collection of ~50 Sound, ~20 Network and ~60 Video card drivers from around 1992-1999 as well as old DOS/Windows 3.1 era tape backup software. Most of the files I copied directly from the original drivers disks as I was cleaning back in 2004. The original disks are long gone. Most files are not zipped as they are just as they were copied off the disks. You may browse or wget any folders you would like or just download the ~626MB driver.zip as a set. I am hoping someone from vogons will grab the entire set and clean them up to post for everyone. *Link removed. PM me*

Last edited by mram427 on 2019-11-06, 17:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 763 of 1466, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I hope this is useful to some of you, because I spent a LOT of time tracking all these down on various mirrors of long-gone websites. Here's a "complete" archive of all the versions I could scrape of the DHModtool / DH Mobility Modder.NET tool for modding ATI Catalyst drivers to work with OEM Mobility Radeons. Why would you want this? The 1.2.1.0 "Final" Mobility Modder.NET that was already on there only supports WinXP/Vista/7. The older versions of DHModtool should support Win2K (tested by me) and possibly even 9x.

I also added in documentation, and all the dependencies (Windows updates, .NET, XML libraries, etc.) I reasonably could, in order to make this more of a 'grab and go' experience. Hopefully this should be super convenient for any system you'd want to run this on.

Note: I did NOT include the 'final beta' for Catalyst 9.x series drivers, because I didn't know about it when I put this together. This package is targeted at older systems & drivers anyway.

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 764 of 1466, by jewesta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got a searchable manual (pdf) for a 16 bit ISA Tseng Labs Qtec VGA 1024 with an ET3000-AX. Contains jumper settings. The card is 8 bit compatible. I've seen many versions of these cards with (almost) identical PCB layouts including jumper and dip configurations / positions. So maybe this manual is useful for many ET3000 card owners. Would be nice if it could be uploaded. Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nT9Cwb7QQo6 … FSWIzjR_9xq-Kcu

Reply 765 of 1466, by hydroksyde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Creative Prodikeys drivers for Windows Vista. It took me 22 weeks to download from a very poorly seeded torrent

https://mega.nz/#!qbIRFIZQ!3WSYChmPkzIuRSWV0t … h8LSvXQEmvHIyrM

I'll keep seeding this file long term, if anyone would rather get it from BT or help seed.

The hash is 3196D51246C7D9D835B23D0E3367479AEC9CDB8D

The magent URI is magnet:?xt=urn:btih:A2B7CFBACF4F751E4E28937DFC5B4CD930D70C87&dn=prodikeys_vista_drv&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fopen.demonii.com%3a1337&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexodus.desync.com%3a6969

Reply 766 of 1466, by schlomoe99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In case you weren't aware, Intel is removing drivers and BIOS updates for desktop components and motherboards released in the 90s and early 2000s.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/intel-to-remove … nd-of-the-week/

The last day to download the drivers directly from Intel is 22 November, 2019. Get them now before it gets more difficult to find them!

Reply 767 of 1466, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thought it was worth submitting the parallel port card reader drivers from this thread: Parallel Port Compact Flash card reader for very old PCs

Ozzuneoj originally posted last year with drivers for the "PIC2" CF card reader (zip file is attached to his OP). Although sold as a Windows device, he identified the two files on the driver disk that will successfully install the device in DOS: CDISK.EXE and CDISK.SYS.

I have since found a sister device, the "PIA2" AT card reader (which will also read CF cards via PCMCIA adapter). The driver disk is very similar, and the DOS install files are the same: CDISK.EXE and CDISK.SYS. The zip is attached to my post.

[edit] I have also uploaded here: https://archive.org/details/pia2pic2drivers

Reply 768 of 1466, by InjecTioN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

"SIL0680 DOS driver IDE", downloadable with help from archive.org, contains the non-RAID driver for the SIL0680(a) IDE controller, which seems to work just fine.

Also, "Silicon Image SIL0680A Windows 9x/ME/2k/xp driver IDE" from this forum post by Mockingbird. He has uploaded a package containing the 3.4.0.0 bios (b3400.bin) for non-raid sil0680(a) card's + update utility. The package also contains DOS drivers for the card itself and CD-ROM drivers (CSA-680 Ultra IDE DOS Driver), which I can confirm are working.

Please read the manual before installing.

Ps. Is there an easier way to obtain personal credentials for the awesome VOGONS Driver Library? There are lot's of drivers which a lot of people could upload themselves and even maintain, right? Maybe something like a gitlab repository with version history? (just thinking out "loud" here)

Attachments

• Filename
    SIL0680_DOS.zip
    File size
    824.1 KiB
    Downloads
    64 downloads
    File comment
    SIL0680 DOS driver IDE
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    SiI0680A_Windows_IDE.zip
    File size
    112.84 KiB
    Downloads
    63 downloads
    File comment
    Silicon Image SIL0680A Windows 9x/ME/2k/xp driver IDE
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 769 of 1466, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/19/12/12/1542 … arder-than-ever

Great work everybody with uploading drivers. I'm finally at a point where I have decent enough internet where I can upload things so debating on uploading my massive amount of drivers. As with anything the key is organization. They are already sorted by category but need drill down further and also delete duplicates.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 770 of 1466, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Problem with drivers were expensive internet traffic and storage.. now both are quite cheap, so there is no more zillions articles target on 1 official dead link on some slow ftp.

Now main problems are:

1. shady business practices, which are blocking mirroring some drivers elsewhere
  2. technical pages are less and less doing stuff mirroring, is no more the thing.. all count on company webs (which usually care only about new products), only few sites are still living from it.. and it would be more and more complicated, because of windows driver autodate, some 3rd party paid drivers downloaders and still bigger and bigger binary bloated driver packages, also is more and more pushed that idea upgrade super fast, newer is always better.
  3. Already old drivers which are available only somewhere at the end of internet, if at all - here we are working on it.
  4. Hosting for individuals is still not cheap or free, so personal sites with good stuff are dying, after someone last interesting in paying. Even if you dont want to pay / have domain, you still have to pay for Google driver etc.. storage cloud space, unless you want use mega or some not so trusted things.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 773 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I fixed an issue with uploading files >2MB through the web interface. An update to PHP didn't carry over some of the non-default settings I had implemented. 🙁

I will go through any new files and account requests tonight.

Sorry once again for my slowness at keeping up with this thread, I have a LOT going on IRL!! Thank you for understanding!

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 774 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Thank you SquallStrife ! We all appreciate the work you put into maintaining the Library.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 775 of 1466, by InjecTioN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have added the ForceTrim.exe executable for forcing a TRIM command for SSD's under Windows 98 (Windows 98se is the oldest version I have tested, but it should work fine on 95 too)

Re: SSD, Windows 98, Worth it?

Reply 776 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Added a few Shuttle pentium motherboard manuals and the ALS-100 Win2k driver

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 777 of 1466, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Uploaded the Turtle Beach Tropez Plus Installation and Applications v1.0 disk images and files. Saw that the install files were already there in a different upload but it looks like the included applications were not.

disks_800x800.jpg
Filename
disks_800x800.jpg
File size
237.63 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

I actually imaged the disks almost 2 years ago but never uploaded them.

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … menustate=52,36

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 778 of 1466, by T4600C

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got two sets of Creative VideoBlaster drivers & utilities.

Each card came with their own respective set of floppy disks and manuals.

As I haven't found these anywhere, I would like to donate them to the Vogons archive. I would also like to make a thread about my two cards, where I hook them up in my 486 PCs and give them a spin.

I named both sets 'CT16000's but I am sure both had a different card ID... they sure looked different. Both cards had different drivers, software and utilities, I don't know how interchangeable these are. I'll check this when I got the tame and change the set name to reflect the card ID.

I haven't got the time now, but later I will make scans of the disks and manuals that came with the cards, and the cards themselves. But the documentation will take some time...

Card 1

Card 2

Reply 779 of 1466, by furan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HP Visualize Personal Workstation (HP VISUALIZE fx5, fx10) NT
GlMWiCD.png
OpenGL video driver for Windows 2000
March 11, 2002
Driver Version: 1.18 for Windows 2000

File: download/file.php?id=22724 (yes, it is on vogons.org as an attachment, but not in the driver archive)
Vogons thread that has it: HP VISUALIZE fx5 Pro graphics card

I spent some time looking for the HP Visualize Windows FX5/FX10 2K drivers - only to find them embedded in a thread on vogons. I can't find them anywhere else. Might want to note here that the PCI-X versions of this card are intended for PA-RISC machines and do not have a PC BIOS-compatible display controller, like the NT AGP models have the Matrox chip.

Last edited by furan on 2020-01-22, 07:39. Edited 2 times in total.