VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 960 of 1466, by DenizOezmen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There's a Gigabyte mainboard driver CD available at Re: Looking for Motherboard CDs to complete my collection (asus,gigabyte,fic,aopen,msi,epox) (came with a GA-BX2000+) if anyone's interested ...

Reply 961 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
pascalbrax wrote on 2020-06-05, 12:12:

The Matrox and Creative drivers are around 1999-2000 and the browsers go from an old IE from 1996 to 2000. Again, probably most of this software is in Italian.

Can you post ISO images of the CD's somewhere ? Many time driver CD's contain more than one language even if it appears as only one. Would like to look them over if possible.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 962 of 1466, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been checking back from time to time about the status of archive downloading. Also checking my private messages for any motion of special case scenarios. Though it sounds like some hosting options are being considered. And it's true, the alternate languages might be simply hidden behind an installation menu option.

Reply 963 of 1466, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-06-02, 00:39:
Buying a server and co-locating it was an idea I considered, but it's expensive, both in initial outlay and ongoing. Somehow it' […]
Show full quote

Buying a server and co-locating it was an idea I considered, but it's expensive, both in initial outlay and ongoing. Somehow it's cheaper to rent an entire dedicated server, than it is to rent rackspace and BYO server.

I've been researching possible options, but the cheapest suitable service is at least 2x what I'm paying now. That does give us 1TB of storage though, so a good chunk of space to expand scope a little bit, and start looking at some of the edge cases in this thread where a file wasn't a *great* fit for the site.

Having a handful of people in possession of an archive is another good idea, I'd need to come up with some kind of way to package such an archive, so you don't just have a meaningless ball of files.

Edit: P2P sounds fascinating, I wonder how that would work in terms of the site with descriptions and whatnot...

Well I'm happy to help with one of those archives. I have 64.87gb and then some set aside for the task.

Reply 964 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Sorry luckarusky, I'm a little bit timepoor lately. I'll try to have something available by the end of the week.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 965 of 1466, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-06-16, 06:51:

Sorry luckarusky, I'm a little bit timepoor lately. I'll try to have something available by the end of the week.

Take the time you require, I'm not in a mad rush. Just glad you responded.

Reply 966 of 1466, by peido

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi.
Just to inform that @waterbeesje supplied drivers and ISOs and theme files for the IBM Aptiva 2137 in the following thread:
IBM Aptiva 2137 - IBM theme files found!

Reply 967 of 1466, by sp33dyS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I've read a post today about Saitek Cyborg 3D joystick and I remembered that I have original CD for it (which isn't available on Driver Library and someone was looking for it). So I've prepared ISO and here's the link 😀

https://mega.nz/file/u4kTgBBA#juDZN0PKV8JHSY9 … BpWwFnq8mU2gkGE
ACtC-3cpVU7D09Q-YuJo486ekDfMXxBK2fcY4He5QNCaTOWVj6AnjVPJgWfOImSjZIiC1b_pLG9qrGWcyDo5RR-UQUhWJ_t07TjR2XDpU0uHx3aVDiZD2kKYekdX2L_5mqumQzKUywYovahZ4QE-2ADQs8cTMw=w926-h938-no?authuser=0

CD contains drivers for Win95/98 (not only for Cyborg 3D) and much more. Here's a directory tree: https://mega.nz/file/GxdFUa4b#qwGhiuKsCIdNEGl … lkc7_RQ6ZW8pYbw

I hope it's good upload to join VOGONS Vintage Driver Library 😀

PS I've also got XP drivers for this joystick, but they are on floppy and I can't copy them right now. Will upload them later.
PS2 If anyone wonders why they added Commandos demo - CD contains driver for Saitek PC Dash 😁
800px-Saitek_pcdash.jpg

Ryzen 5 5600X, Gigabyte X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI, HyperX 32GB DDR4, MSI GF RTX 2070 GAMING Z

Reply 968 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
sp33dyS wrote on 2020-06-17, 23:04:

Hi,
I've read a post today about Saitek Cyborg 3D joystick and I remembered that I have original CD for it (which isn't available on Driver Library and someone was looking for it). So I've prepared ISO and here's the link 😀

Thanks will upload it to Archive.org. There is just too much stuff on the 700mb CD for me to feel comfortable to upload here, too many demo games and I cannot test but only guess what all needs to be on the CD for a "drivers only" upload. If someone else wants to up it here please do, I am leary of upping 700mb here when possibly only 100Mb are actually the drivers and manuals.

sp33dyS wrote on 2020-06-17, 23:04:

PS I've also got XP drivers for this joystick, but they are on floppy and I can't copy them right now. Will upload them later.

added: Here is your CD at archive. https://archive.org/details/saitek-cyborg-3-d.-7z
I will be happy to upload the XP driver here if you can Winimage it !

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 969 of 1466, by tocaedit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've uploaded the install CD for the InterAct SV-281 and SV-283, I have serveral SV-281's that I've been messing with. It's an obscure (gameports-only) Handheld Force-Feedback device from the late 90's with it's full size counterpart the SV-283 sharing similar drivers. Works well in many win98 games on Intel processors/chipsets (~600mhz), but has occasional glitches on faster AMD processors (800mhz+) and Force-Feedback comes and goes even with the latest 120 driver update. I've tried several different sound cards/gameports and the issue persists.

The device uses the MIDI capabilities of the sound card to communicate much like the early Microsoft Sidewinder devices. I imagine its a proprietary protocol and the various USB converters out there may not be compatible.

It shines in NFS3/4/5, Ultim@te Race Pro and is superb in Motorhead.

Anyway, here's the link to the install CD:
https://mega.nz/file/GWYAiYwL#CnMAVFb4WOb7t_D … pZmBOJejjlhv5_E

Note: Do not use the included profile manager, it robs many fps and be sure to delete the shortcut from startup folder after installation.

Product image:
T1o3Vn6.png

Last edited by tocaedit on 2020-06-20, 03:52. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 970 of 1466, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
tocaedit wrote on 2020-06-20, 03:30:
I've uploaded the install CD for the InterAct SV-281 and SV-283, I have serveral SV-281's that I've been messing with. It's an o […]
Show full quote

I've uploaded the install CD for the InterAct SV-281 and SV-283, I have serveral SV-281's that I've been messing with. It's an obscure (gameports-only) Handheld Force-Feedback device from the late 90's with it's full size counterpart the SV-283 sharing similar drivers. Works well in many win98 games on Intel processors/chipsets (~600mhz), but has occasional glitches on faster AMD processors (800mhz+) and Force-Feedback comes and goes even with the latest 120 driver update. I've tried several different sound cards/gameports and the issue persists.

The device uses the MIDI capabilities of the sound card to communicate much like the early Microsoft Sidewinder devices. I imagine its a proprietary protocol and the various USB converters out there may not be compatible.

It really shines in NFS3/4/5 and Motorhead.

Anyway, here's the link to the install CD:
https://mega.nz/file/GWYAiYwL#CnMAVFb4WOb7t_D … pZmBOJejjlhv5_E

Note: Do not use the included profile manager, it robs many fps and be sure to delete the shortcut from startup folder after installation.

Product image:
T1o3Vn6.png

Neat 😀 You don't see many of these around, but everyone who owns them seems to speak highly of them.

Reply 971 of 1466, by tocaedit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Pierre32 wrote on 2020-06-20, 03:44:

Neat 😀 You don't see many of these around, but everyone who owns them seems to speak highly of them.

It is really unusual. It is not perfect though. Build quality isn't great, even taking into account they are 20 years old.
And the drivers seem to be an issue in some games (wheel just pulls to left) .
It makes a lot of buzzing under load, which isn't ideal, but it was built down to a cost and is easy to overlook.

I was lucky to have a few for parts to fix the ones that were broken out of the box.
I've come across one that had a broken throttle potentiometer, another had a dead steering FFB motor curcuit.

I think there is a reason the company disappeared not long after releasing this thing.

It has two motors. One for vibration and another for steering force.
Really unusual because most FFB wheels of the time only had a single motor.

Anyway, just thought I'd post the drivers here because they were darn near impossible to find online.

Reply 973 of 1466, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
tocaedit wrote on 2020-06-20, 03:30:

Thanks. Have read those do not work well (if at all) with XP. Will post to the libary with a warning about Win9x only and you comments on CPU speed.

Reply 974 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

luckarusky, I have a snapshot archive prepared, just trying to organise a place to host it.

As for maintaining your personal mirror going forward, I'm still working on a mechanism to make that easy, while still preventing abuse.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 975 of 1466, by luckarusky

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-06-25, 01:16:

luckarusky, I have a snapshot archive prepared, just trying to organise a place to host it.

As for maintaining your personal mirror going forward, I'm still working on a mechanism to make that easy, while still preventing abuse.

sounds great! on standby here. HDD is ready to accept the snapshot once hosted.

Reply 976 of 1466, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Uploaded the BIOS for an RTP InterGroup Int'l Ltd. LB386DX (SiS 85C460/461 single-chip) board

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser