VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 1081 of 1461, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
1ST1 wrote on 2020-12-07, 18:04:

I have a driver for a TIGA Graphics card, just imaged from diskettes. How to donate it to vogonsdrivers website?

Before upload I also need to scan some pages from user manuals for hardware settings.

I believe that people without an account who occasionally contribute to the site upload the driver somewhere and share the link in this thread so that SquallStrife can get it and add it.

Reply 1082 of 1461, by Ayrton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I am quite new in this group but as user I cannot send private messages to administrators...
So... it is neither the first nor the second time I have in my drawers original peripherals drivers
(mostly on 1,44 Mb floppy disk or 5,25" old floppy disk) than cannot be found in your library.
Could anyone be interested for me to help "growing up" that database?
Some stuff I have is not shared on Internet anymore, I think some people would find it very
useful. I have no internet web page to do it...
Thank you!

Reply 1083 of 1461, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Ayrton wrote on 2020-12-08, 01:34:
Hi, I am quite new in this group but as user I cannot send private messages to administrators... So... it is neither the first n […]
Show full quote

Hi,
I am quite new in this group but as user I cannot send private messages to administrators...
So... it is neither the first nor the second time I have in my drawers original peripherals drivers
(mostly on 1,44 Mb floppy disk or 5,25" old floppy disk) than cannot be found in your library.
Some stuff I have is not shared on Internet anymore, I think some people would find it very
Thank you!

Awesome of you to be interested in contributing.

It's Squallstrife who maintains Vogonsdriver. Just post in the thread to request a user (user only really required if you're going to be uploading multiple files/drivers), or ask other users to upload for you by making the files and/or pictures available in the thread.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 1084 of 1461, by Paralel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can usually just upload the files to a file sharing site, mega.nz, google drive, archive,org right off the top of my head, and the file will be grabbed before they expire and added to the database by someone if they are worthwhile. I usually use my Google Drive, it's easiest.

Reply 1085 of 1461, by amigopi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

More established users of this fine forum helped me find these files, maybe they'd fit in the driver library? I'll link to the posts with the attachments:

Into the eyes of nature, into the arms of God, into the mouth of indifference, into the eyes of nature...

Reply 1086 of 1461, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Hi, I am quite new in this group but as user I cannot send private messages to administrators... So... it is neither the first n […]
Show full quote

Hi,
Thank you!

Paralel wrote on 2020-12-08, 17:21:

You can usually just upload the files to a file sharing site, mega.nz, google drive, archive,org right off the top of my head, and the file will be grabbed before they expire and added to the database by someone if they are worthwhile. I usually use my Google Drive, it's easiest.

Uploading to https://archive.org/ is the best move, then share the link here. That way if it's not deemed suitable for the VOGONS database for some reason, at least it's somewhere searchable for the rest of the world to find.

Reply 1087 of 1461, by Ayrton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
1ST1 wrote on 2020-12-07, 18:04:

I have a driver for a TIGA Graphics card, just imaged from diskettes. How to donate it to vogonsdrivers website?

Before upload I also need to scan some pages from user manuals for hardware settings.

Same needings...
I have original manual and drivers for Gallant Soundcard SC-3000 (useful for "retrofanatic" user) and many other stuff missing
in VOGONS library (i.d. Aero mouse - DOS drivers in 2 x 5,25" floppy disks, as example, but my archive is full of stuff, found some
nic drivers, Creative drivers, Matrox drivers actually not present in the archive). Talked about this to "cyclone3d" user too.
Please, consider me too for uploading software and PDF manuals directly to VOGONS Drivers Library, as I am a new user of this
website, but not very a rookie in pc hardware/software because I am getting very old 😀))
Cannot send still private messages, but as far I picked something from you, why do not contribute? I could be not only an
"occasional" uploader.
Thanks!
Cheers from Italy

Reply 1088 of 1461, by Ayrton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Pierre32 wrote on 2020-12-10, 20:37:
Show full quote

Hi,
Thank you!

Paralel wrote on 2020-12-08, 17:21:

Uploading to https://archive.org/ is the best move, then share the link here. That way if it's not deemed suitable for the VOGONS database for some reason, at least it's somewhere searchable for the rest of the world to find.

Thank you Pierre,
if a user ask me, I will sure use this way.
But as it is reasonable for the admin to evaluate the stuff to ensure good ones, IMHO it is not really so when I post the "pictures" of original floppy disks with manufacturer's labels and original box together with the hardware in the image as I did.
Even if I am a new user (and I love this site), I am losing heart not to be deserving of sharing in VOGONS Drivers Library 🙁
I hope before Xmas some admins will examine my post and requests, it will takes some time, I will wait as optimist 😀

Reply 1089 of 1461, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Ayrton wrote on 2020-12-11, 03:55:
Thank you Pierre, if a user ask me, I will sure use this way. But as it is reasonable for the admin to evaluate the stuff to en […]
Show full quote

Thank you Pierre,
But as it is reasonable for the admin to evaluate the stuff to ensure good ones, IMHO it is not really so when I post the "pictures" of original floppy disks with manufacturer's labels and original box together with the hardware in the image as I did.
Even if I am a new user (and I love this site), I am losing heart not to be deserving of sharing in VOGONS Drivers Library 🙁
I hope before Xmas some admins will examine my post and requests, it will takes some time, I will wait as optimist 😀

The reality is, you will most likely not get direct upload access to the library. Only a fairly small number of established users have access. So the best way to make a contribution is to host it elsewhere first, then link it here. That's what I do, along with a lot of people who have been around longer than me 😀 And archive.org is the best method IMO (as opposed to Mega or Gdrive or something) because it means you're sharing it with the retro scene outside VOGONS too.

Then you can ready yourself for the next letdown when you post the link here and no one picks it up 😁

Reply 1090 of 1461, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Pierre32 wrote on 2020-12-11, 04:41:
Thank you Pierre, if a user ask me, I will sure use this way. But as it is reasonable for the admin to evaluate the stuff to en […]
Show full quote

Thank you Pierre,

The reality is, you will most likely not get direct upload access to the librar y. Only a fairly small number of established users have access. So the best way to make a contribution is to host it elsewhere first, then link it here. That's what I do, along with a lot of people who have been around longer than me 😀 And archive.org is the best method IMO (as opposed to Mega or Gdrive or something) because it means you're sharing it with the retro scene outside VOGONS too.

Then you can ready yourself for the next letdown when you post the link here and no one picks it up 😁

Good explanation Pierre. SquallStrife is in charge here in the Library and is his creation/work/upkeep/etc and looks over a members other forum contributions before allowing access.
Pierre: Am fairly sure if you asked in a PM SquallStrife would grant you upload access, but that is his decision and am just guessing based on your contributions.
Ayrton: you need to be able to PM SquallStrife and ask for a log in. You have been here long enough (over one year) but have not contributed much in the forums,
you cannot PM until you post enough forum posts AFAIK so get busy and post some help or positive replies 😀

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1091 of 1461, by Ayrton

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Horun wrote on 2020-12-11, 05:04:
Good explanation Pierre. SquallStrife is in charge here in the Library and is his creation/work/upkeep/etc and looks over a memb […]
Show full quote
Pierre32 wrote on 2020-12-11, 04:41:
Show full quote

Thank you Pierre,

The reality is, you will most likely not get direct upload access to the librar y. Only a fairly small number of established users have access. So the best way to make a contribution is to host it elsewhere first, then link it here. That's what I do, along with a lot of people who have been around longer than me 😀 And archive.org is the best method IMO (as opposed to Mega or Gdrive or something) because it means you're sharing it with the retro scene outside VOGONS too.

Good explanation Pierre. SquallStrife is in charge here in the Library and is his creation/work/upkeep/etc and looks over a members other forum contributions before allowing access.
Pierre: Am fairly sure if you asked in a PM SquallStrife would grant you upload access, but that is his decision and am just guessing based on your contributions.
Ayrton: you need to be able to PM SquallStrife and ask for a log in. You have been here long enough (over one year) but have not contributed much in the forums,
you cannot PM until you post enough forum posts AFAIK so get busy and post some help or positive replies 😀

Rules accepted 😀
thank you the same!

Reply 1092 of 1461, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Uploaded the manuals to Amptron PM8600 pentium motherboards.

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 1093 of 1461, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Uploaded the BIOS for the SuperMicro P54VL-PCI motherboard.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1094 of 1461, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Uploaded the drivers and browser (Mosaic in a Box that came with the CD-ROM drive) for the EXP PCMCIA CD-ROM MultiMedia Kit (drivers will do either CD-ROM only or CD-ROM and Sound, depending upon your laptop setup if it has integrated Adlib/SB Pro support or Windows Sound Source/no sound).

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 1095 of 1461, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Uploaded Win9x driver disk & manual for the RadioShack MegaPad XVI to: https://archive.org/details/radioshack-megapad-xvi

This is the same as the Saitek X6-33M, a controller that is fully functional in DOS without drivers.

RadioShack MegaPad XVI box.jpg
Filename
RadioShack MegaPad XVI box.jpg
File size
355.26 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 1096 of 1461, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

over the last week Added to Library:
Octek Rhino 15+ manual, ECS AL486 Motherboard manual, Compaq Portable III bios files and Iwill P55XB2 motherboard manual.

Reply 1097 of 1461, by original_meusli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

LG Blu-ray Disc & HDDVD-ROM Drive Solution Disk

Hello,

Just getting back into retro computing and have come across your site which is awesome. I obviously have a few things I can contribute that I have aquired over the years and hope to do so. For now I have something I beleive is important and would love to get on here( what I beleive is important and you belive is important may differ). I thought I had lost this disk that came bundled with the drive and have tried years to find it on the internet, to no success. I have now found my disk and to make sure it never gets lost again I thought I could have it hosted here, if you want it?

This disk came with an LG Duel Bluray/HDDVD player which has the Cyberlink PowerDVD software on it for HDDVD but only a stereo sound version as you had to pay to unlock 5.1. This version cannot be found on their website unless I suck at searching their website.
The image of the disk is below but not sure I have done that right so included a link to the picture of the disk I have too.

So, is this useful?

Cheers

pKE3frjl.jpeg

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-01-22, 20:23. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1098 of 1461, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Generally the PowerDVD, Nero and similar software bundled with the optical drives is licensed to use with the drive it was bought with. It's not really a freeware and hosting it in VOGONS driver library may get the site into legal issues, not to mention that BlueRay drives don't really count as vintage computer parts yet...

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 1099 of 1461, by original_meusli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thats fair enough for licence reasons. But just to note this is for HDDVD disks really and not bluray as that's available by default. Its also only for XP and Vista too.

So of anyone would like a copy I could probably host it on my one drive for a bit so as not to bring trouble here. 😀

The drive in question.

https://www.lg.com/uk/dvd-blu-ray-drives/lg-G … lu-ray-recorder