VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 700 of 1461, by Z_God

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was asked by someone to provide this, possibly it is useful to add to the library. Here are the installation disks for the Media Vision Memphis. The hardware is fully compatible with PAS16 with SCSI as far as I know.

I had a working copy of the installation floppy disk. Its md5sum differed from the original however, so I included both. The CD also contains audio tracks so I copied it with cdrdao.

https://yadi.sk/d/DGPkklRykYADqQ

Reply 701 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just uploaded my scanned and OCR'd copy of the Yamaha SY99 Operating Manual to archive.org.

It is a much higher quality scan than the one available directly from Yamaha - downloadable for free... just an extra FYI so I don't get hammered for linking pirated stuff.

I actually bought a used paper manual because the one on Yamaha's site is really, really bad in places. I wanted an actual readable manual and decided to share it.

Scanning via a nice copier at work made it pretty quick. Then I ran it through our software to make it searchable. Soooo much better than Yamaha's copy.

I also didn't destroy it to scan it. I unwound the plastic binding by hand and then put it back on after I was done scanning.

I really want to make a nice bound book scanner in order to scan a bunch of other stuff that I would have to destroy in order to scan with a regular scanner.

I figured since it really isn't driver related I wouldn't upload it to vogonsdrivers. Maybe we should have a manuals section on vogonsdrivers for vintage/retro gear.. that would be nice.

Anyway, here is the link:
https://archive.org/details/YamahaSY99OperatingManual

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 702 of 1461, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cyclone3d wrote:

I figured since it really isn't driver related I wouldn't upload it to vogonsdrivers. Maybe we should have a manuals section on vogonsdrivers for vintage/retro gear.. that would be nice.

There is a manuals section on VOGONSDrivers but it isn't completely clear what it should be used for. Some people have used it for more than just driver manuals.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 703 of 1461, by AceTomato

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I consolidated some files for the TEKRAM DC-680C & DC-680CD VLB Hard Disk/Floppy Controllers. If anybody needs/wants--

Driver Disc
Manual
Bios v2.03 (1993)
Bios v2.06 (1995)
Bios v2.09 (1996)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox5183e02dcgq0n/TEK … -680CD.zip?dl=0

Reply 704 of 1461, by doaks80

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Stiletto wrote:

driver manuals.

What the hell is a driver manual?

k6-3+ 400 / s3 virge DX+voodoo1 / awe32(32mb)
via c3 866 / s3 savage4+voodoo2 sli / audigy1+awe64(8mb)
athlon xp 3200+ / voodoo5 5500 / diamond mx300
pentium4 3400 / geforce fx5950U / audigy2 ZS
core2duo E8500 / radeon HD5850 / x-fi titanium

Reply 706 of 1461, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
doaks80 wrote:
Stiletto wrote:

driver manuals.

What the hell is a driver manual?

It was rather late when I wrote that, in my defense...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 707 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just finished processing everything from my boxed Aztech Waverider Platinum-3D sound card that was sold as a Hi-Val Wave 96.

Media.png
Filename
Media.png
File size
788.57 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

The CD is an image. The floppies are in the zip as straight files as well as disk images.

I also scanned the box art, manuals, and other paperwork.

The vogonsdriver link is:
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 533&menustate=0

The PNP configuration manager should also work for other Aztech cards with the AZT2320 chipset.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 708 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

AWE64 Gold CD has been uploaded to vogonsdrivers. It is different then the others already there:

Disk ID:
A64G-CDSTA-1-JV

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … menustate=43,36

Awe64 Gold CD-800x800.png
Filename
Awe64 Gold CD-800x800.png
File size
1.04 MiB
Views
File license

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 709 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Creative Soundfont CD II - English / Japanese

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 535&menustate=0

Creative Soundfont CD II - Sleeve Front - 800x800.png
Filename
Creative Soundfont CD II - Sleeve Front - 800x800.png
File size
1.15 MiB
Views
File license
Creative Soundfont CD II - Sleeve Back - 800x800.png
Filename
Creative Soundfont CD II - Sleeve Back - 800x800.png
File size
719.46 KiB
Views
File license

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 710 of 1461, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Creative Soundfont CD II - English / Japanese

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 536&menustate=0

Creative Soundfont CD III - Sleeve Front - 800x800.png
Filename
Creative Soundfont CD III - Sleeve Front - 800x800.png
File size
1.14 MiB
Views
File license
Creative Soundfont CD III - Sleeve Back - 800x800.png
Filename
Creative Soundfont CD III - Sleeve Back - 800x800.png
File size
757 KiB
Views
File license

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 711 of 1461, by ntalaec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
appiah4 wrote:
ntalaec wrote:

Anyone has the CD included with Sound Blaster 16 Pro CT2950 (ISA)?

The files in the CD should have dates around late 1995 or begging of 1996.

I have an SB16 Value CD dated therearounds I will check nezt time I go to the storage.

Hi, appiah4. Could you check it?

I still own the card, but I lost the CD. I remember it had several applications, but I only remember Creative Text Assist (a text to speech program). I think the CD also had audio tracks.

Reply 714 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:
cyclone3d wrote:

There is a manuals section on VOGONSDrivers but it isn't completely clear what it should be used for. Some people have used it for more than just driver manuals.

Any kind of manual that's vintage PC related is fine.

Obviously it should be on-theme, we don't need manuals for printers, scanners, or.... I dunno... fax machines? It's VOGONS Drivers, the G in VOGONS is for Games.

That said, manuals for games probably aren't a good fit either, there's a place for them on archive.org. I know we have a few already, but.... yeah I dunno. Tough call to make.

The whole site could do with some curating, I started working on a SQL query to pick up the most common items needing attention (such as files with "No Description Entered"), just haven't had time to make that into something digestible yet.

Edit: Speaking of which, I just deleted a bunch of LITERAL PRINTER AND SCANNER DRIVERS. No bueno.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 715 of 1461, by WarsawPact1955

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am new to Vogons. The thread sticky said to post here with submissions.

I have an Avance Logic ALS4000 driver CD that covers everything from DOS to Windows XP. Thought it might be useful to submit for that reason, alone. I am emplacing it in a node with a removable SSD that runs DOS+WFW 3.11 on one SSD, Windows 98SE on another, and Windows XP on yet another, so I needed a board that covered them all and just received it today. Crossed my fingers that it would cover DOS+Windows 3.x because nowhere on the box or even on the CD silkscreen does it claim that, but sure enough it does have those drivers. The eBay gamble paid off! 😀

The link to the 182MB archive (.zip) containing the driver CD .iso, manual photos, and box art is: https://www.professionalservices.pro/SC1938_4 … 11--Archive.zip

If a moderator would like to upload it, or I guess if not, would someone let me know the decision so I can remove it, afterward?

Reply 716 of 1461, by retardware

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

Obviously it should be on-theme, we don't need manuals for printers, scanners, or.... I dunno... fax machines? It's VOGONS Drivers, the G in VOGONS is for Games.

Good to know... that explains why there is no software development related subforum, and the silence which follows any such request.

SquallStrife wrote:

I just deleted a bunch of LITERAL PRINTER AND SCANNER DRIVERS. No bueno.

That said, much effort of various people to improve the general driver situation has probably been wasted.
For many people playing with old printers and scanners is part of the game.
Anyway, good to know that discussing my restoration and putting to use a fine 1980s Mutoh cutter plotter or even uploading the drivers won't be welcomed here, so I won't do that.

Thanks again for making clear that only gaming related stuff is welcomed on vogons, as I previously believed that the vogons' perspective would be wider than that.

Just one suggestion: could this information please be made more prominent, so that in future people won't bother uploading non-directly-gaming-related drivers on vogons anymore, in a misled belief that this would help conserve them for the community.

Reply 717 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Firstly, you're welcome to talk about your XY cutter here, in fact many would find it quite interesting! At the same time, VOGONS is indeed rather game-focussed (its main purpose is the official DOSBox support forum, after all!), so you might get more feedback/interest in your development questions somewhere like VCFed (formerly Vintage Computing Forum), whose area of discussion is vintage computing more generally speaking. Many of the people on here are also on VCFed and vice versa, there's no petty "us and them" stuff going on, neither forum is "better".

Next, the drivers site and the forum are completely independent. There is no official connection other than the pool of people contributing to it, and the colour scheme. The drivers site was created by me initially to be a mirror of Malik's Sound Blaster Drivers thread when megaupload went down. It evolved to be a "Drivers for getting retro gaming PCs working" repository. It was never intended to be a general-purpose archiving service, Archive.org exists for that.

Finally. FWIW, The drivers I deleted were for some random Samsung USB laser printers, and some USB handheld scanner. Not vintage, not gaming, not even remotely interesting. It's a judgement call, like most of the calls I make around the drivers site.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to keep my site focused and on-topic, especially given the circumstances of its creation, when Archive.org and other such sites exist, and do a great job of storing everything for everyone. They can both exist, it's not a competition. Me providing this service to this community which I love and care for, doesn't prevent you or anyone else from creating a site as you see fit.

I hope your restoration project goes well, and I hope to read about it some day, whether that's here or somewhere else. 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 718 of 1461, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
retardware wrote:

Thanks again for making clear that only gaming related stuff is welcomed on vogons, as I previously believed that the vogons' perspective would be wider than that.

Man, I can just FEEL the sass coming through the monitor right now.

Here are the brass tacks for this and EVERY website on the earth.

have you seen the Futurama episode in season 1 where they goto the moon? Remember how Bender gets tossed out and exclaims "I'll make my own theme park, with blackjack and hookers!"

That applies here. Unless you are paying for the site, your opinion is worth squat. Now, I agree with you in principle, but in practice I'm with Squall. You want something different? Go make your own site, with your own money and put whatever you desire on it.

I mean honestly usb printer drivers? Scanner crap? Yea, that stuff isn't worth the time and effort.

Now if it was early plotter print drivers? I can see allowing those. Or some kind of printer that would have some sort of gaming purpose. afaik, those don't exist

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 719 of 1461, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

To be fair he was not advocating for reinstating USB printer drivers, he was debating the usefulness of preserving drivers for printing/plotting/imaging hardware that are decidedly vintage. Regardless, it's Squall's server and he does what he wants with it, and seems to have taken a very level headed approach if I may say so. You are kind of seeing more "sass" in the post than there actually was, I think. It was a fair point that got addressed fairly.

Is there a driver download site similar to Vogonsdrivers for say VCFED?

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.