VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 220 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmm, that's an interesting development, I'll look into it once this week from hell is over. 🙁

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 221 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, not sure why the FTP upload limit was there, it was unticked before the migration.

Anywho, it's gone now. Enjoy.

Reply 222 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:
Good job, SquallStrife. […]
Show full quote

Good job, SquallStrife.

Couple of questions:
1. http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/dosearch.php?q=SDK
Why doesn't this work to find Gona's ATI3DCIF SDK upload? Is there a minimum string size? Also, does it just search "File Title" or does it also search "Description" and "Filename.ext"?

Yeah, needs to be a minimum of 4 characters, and I'm reasonably sure that's something that's outside my control, since reducing that number would mean editing my.cnf, affecting everyone on the shared hosting server.

I'll investigate an alternative though, since three-letter acronyms are something one might be wanting to search on in this instance.

Stiletto wrote:

2. Process FTP Uploads issues a warning.

[…]
Show full quote
Warning: opendir(/home/ybkxdrnm/public_html/newfiles/28): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/ybkxdrnm/public_html/ftp.php on line 267

I didn't get that message, perhaps just a hiccup from the migration? Have you tried again since this?

The directory that your FTP uploads go into doesn't actually exist until you use the request FTP login link.

Stiletto wrote:

3. Search prompt entry is auto-filled with "Search" but if user is not smart enough to overwrite this, they end up searching for "Searchfoobar" or whatever 😉

D'oh! That's one of those things I always intended to fix but just forgot about.

There's meant to be a bit of Javascript that clears the box when you click on it. I'll get on to it. 😀

Reply 223 of 1466, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just uploaded the following floppy and CD images (with scans!)

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 225 of 1466, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

That Mach64 driver CD, does that work for all ISA/VLB/PCI Mach64 cards?

I have no idea. I just know it contains drivers for several Mach64 products. I found that disc when clearing out an old office.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 226 of 1466, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

That Mach64 driver CD, does that work for all ISA/VLB/PCI Mach64 cards?

Driver CD "ATI 3D Xpression Driver CD" (by it's "WIN95" directory) is
"ATI Software Release version": 3.00-B10B
MACXW4.DRV version is: 4.03.2105
This MACXW4 Win9x/Me driver supports:
ISA/VLB Mach64 cards (*PNP0916);
and supports all PCI Mach64 cards up to 3D Rage II

Driver CD "ATI Mach64 v3.03 driver CD" (by it's "WIN95" directory) is
"ATI Software Release version": 3.03-C14CD
MACXW4.DRV version is: 4.03.2119
and supports all PCI Mach64 cards up to 3D Rage II

Driver CD "ATI 3D Xpression+ PC2TV Driver CD" (by it's "WIN95" directory) is
"ATI Software Release version": 3.14-C6W-CD
MACXW4.DRV version is: 4.03.2162
and supports all PCI Mach64 cards up to 3D RAGE II+

As I see this last one (4.03.2162) is the latest version where MACXW4.INF contains "*PNP0916" (ISA/VLB Mach64), PCI "DEV_4758" (Mach64 GX) and PCI "DEV_4358" (Mach64 CX) strings. Although in lot versions of MACXW4 drivers, chips in the Mach64/Rage II family will work without problems despite of the MACXW4.INF not contain that chip. For example: 4.10.2278 the last version where MACXW4.INF contains the PCI device ID of the Rage II, but Rage II will work with the all later MACXW4 drivers even with ATI3DCIF API (3D Rage I will work up to MACXW4 4.10.2299), but I think ISA/VLB Mach64 cards will not work with later driver versions.

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 227 of 1466, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Request:

Does anyone have an installation CD for the Millennium I? I have a Dell version of it here but the driver page for the machine I found it in has drivers for the Millennium II instead. The card itself has 2064W on the main chip so I'm guessing it's the first version of the card.

Halcyon: PC Chips M525, P100, 64MB, Millenium 1, Voodoo1, AWE64, DVD, Win95B

Reply 228 of 1466, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
senrew wrote:

Request:

Does anyone have an installation CD for the Millennium I? I have a Dell version of it here but the driver page for the machine I found it in has drivers for the Millennium II instead. The card itself has 2064W on the main chip so I'm guessing it's the first version of the card.

Actually, your post inspired me to go through my stack of driver disks and the very first one seems to contain drivers for a lot of old graphics cards (up to Windows 98 first edition). I didn't find a driver for your graphics card, but it did inspire me to contribute to this efford.

The question is, should I just upload the entire ISO or should I upload all the drivers separately?
At any rate, it won't do much good if I simply uploaded the ISO without commenting on what's on it, right? 😜
I don't mind digging into the files to see what they are though, it's dozens of directories including a couple sound cards and drivers for a Permedia and most of it seems to be related to S3 and 3DFX.

But at any rate, I hereby request access to upload files to the FTP, or do I need to contact somebody?

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 229 of 1466, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found generic drivers at the matrox legacy driver site. Just would be nice to have a full installer disc if one should happen to appear on the drivers site.

Reply 230 of 1466, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I made a textfile with the contents of the first driver disk I explored, I'll attach it to this post.
The disk is labelled "VGA Card Driver", is there any interest in me uploading it? The content on the disk itself is around 300MB in size.

I also have the following driver disks:
Creative Sound Blaster AWE 64
Creative Sound Blaster 16 VALUE PnP
The Voodoo Driver Installation CD Version 1.3
3D Graphics Accelerator Driver Disk V3.10 (contains TNT2, GF2, GF2MX, Savage, Savage3D and Trio3D2X drivers and mentions some VGA BIOS Flash Utility, Expertool Plus (whatever that is) and IE5 I think. Also has the directories Voodoo45 and 3dlabsP3)
Sound Blaster AudioPCI 128
SuperCD 1.2/98 (diamond driver disk, included a scorched planet demo?)
SuperCD 3/98 (diamond driver disk)

Any interest in any of these disks? I already saw there was a (slightly) newer version of the Diamond driver disk uploaded, so I suppose there isn't much point in uploading my older ones?

Attachments

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 231 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:

Just uploaded the following floppy and CD images (with scans!)
[*]Diamond ServiceCD 4/98 Installation/Drivers/Manuals (Please delete due to .cue file error and I'll reupload)
[*]PowerVR PCX1/PCX2/5D Driver package v1.2 (Previous versions of this package can be deleted)[/list]

I've actioned both of these.

Reply 232 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:

3. Search prompt entry is auto-filled with "Search" but if user is not smart enough to overwrite this, they end up searching for "Searchfoobar" or whatever 😉

This is fixed now, for anyone using a HTML5 browser. (Using the <input> element's placeholder attribute)

Non-HTML5 browsers will just see an empty text field, but that'll go on the backburner for now.

Reply 233 of 1466, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
senrew wrote:

Request:

I have a set of floppies lying around for the Millennium, with Win95 drivers. Not sure if that is what you are looking for?

Reply 236 of 1466, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, had a bit of a weird moment here. At first my modern floppy drive seemed to read it fine, but suddenly it showed them all as unformatted, even the one that previously worked.

Popped them into my vintage floppy drive, no problems. Upload will follow soon. I guess someone else will have to test if the stuff all still works fine. Would be a shame if not, since I consider these disks some real gems 😀

BRB, throwing that modern floppy out of the window... 😵

Reply 238 of 1466, by senrew

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, haven't had a chance to test that out yet. The card is sitting on the desk next to a few other parts. Going to try and rig up a test bench of some kind so I can test out individual cards soon.

Reply 239 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:
NitroX infinity wrote:

You might want to add the following companies (to 3D Accelerator Drivers): 3DLabs, Artist Graphics, Intel, Number Nine, SiS, Trident, XGI and Yamaha.

and the already uploaded files would need to be sorted. Seconded.

OK, going to set up these extra categories today. Is "Yamaha" supposed to be a 3D Accelerator type, or is that for sound cards?

Thinking I'll add MediaVision, Ensoniq, and Aureal sound card category too, since there appears to be enough of those types in there to warrant it.

Edit: OK, I've created a bunch of new categories. Anyone can move a file into a different category by editing the entry, and picking a new category in the drop list.