VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
elianda wrote:

Please add a possibility to enter details description with a fixed width font. There are a lot readmes in old driver archives that have text mode tables. This usually gets unreadable if I copy this to the details field. Oh an using the code tag seems to ignore CR/LF, so it gets even more unreadable 😉.

That's no good! I'll see what I can do about it! 😀

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 41 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, using the code tags will space out tables properly.

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=91

Edit: I imagine that those garbled characters were Extended ASCII characters before they felt the wrath of my amateur character set handling? 😉

Reply 42 of 1461, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The file I just tried was called AU88309x.zip
I also tried Win9x2048.zip and w9x3220whqleng_drv.zip

using google chrome if that makes any difference. All files are less than 30MB

Reply 43 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yeah I've done all dev and testing using Chrome too... Bizzarre.

Forgive me for asking, but you're definitely not using the image field instead of the driver field or something, right?

Because I just renamed a random file to AU88309x.zip and it uploaded no worries. I can't think of what it might be.

Reply 44 of 1461, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

yep I'm definitely using the topmost field. I jsut tried IE8 but it seems to just be sitting there on doupload.php.

maybe my internet machine is broken

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.

Reply 45 of 1461, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Nah I'm getting "Prohibited driver file extension:" messages also no matter if its a rar'ed file or not, so its not just you. Using Firefox right now. Lemme try IE real fast.

EDIT: Tried uploading in IE, its a no go also, same Prohibited message no matter the file type.

Reply 46 of 1461, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I tried with some larger file (my complete GUS collection) which is just named gus_complete.rar and I get also "Prohibited driver file extension:".
I would have expected some other error, since it is larger than 30 MB. I would also like to see a error message if the file size exceeds the limits at the start of the upload and not an error after it uploaded ~100 MB+.

Edit: Is there a list of forbidden and allowed extensions?
(Regex Rule Check maybe?)

Last edited by elianda on 2011-12-21, 10:59. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 47 of 1461, by ProfessorProfessorson

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yeah, file size on the ones I tried to up are a tad over 6MB and 8MB. Its like 5AM where I am at right now, so I need to hit bed. I will check back in on this later today if I have time.

Reply 48 of 1461, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Please check your algorithm that checks filenames.
I tried SPEA_MEDIA_GALLERY_5_95_AllDrivers_0395.2.rar and it failed with Prohibited driver file extension: .
I'am not sure why your check detects '.' as file extension there. It seems to have problems with multiple '.' in the filename.

Edit: Retried with SPEA_MEDIA_GALLERY_5_95_AllDrivers_0395_2.rar but same error: Prohibited driver file extension: .

?!? 😕

Reply 49 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
$allowed_driver_extensions = array("zip","rar","7z","iso","bin","arj","lha","lzh");

And we check the extension thusly:

$drvext = substr($_FILES["driverfile"]["name"],strripos($_FILES["driverfile"]["name"],".")+1);

So it should look for the rightmost "." and get all the characters the right of it.

But I think I found the problem. There are two settings in php.ini that affect upload size.

upload_max_filesize and post_max_size.

upload_max_filesize is enforced by the host, and is hardwired to 32MB. post_max_size can be set by me, and was only set to 8MB by default. *facepalm*

Give it another go now, guys.

As far as limiting the filesize before you upload, that can be arranged, but the method might not work on older browsers. I'll do my best to make it as compatible as possible though!

Last edited by SquallStrife on 2011-12-21, 11:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 50 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
elianda wrote:
Please check your algorithm that checks filenames. I tried SPEA_MEDIA_GALLERY_5_95_AllDrivers_0395.2.rar and it failed with Proh […]
Show full quote

Please check your algorithm that checks filenames.
I tried SPEA_MEDIA_GALLERY_5_95_AllDrivers_0395.2.rar and it failed with Prohibited driver file extension: .
I'am not sure why your check detects '.' as file extension there. It seems to have problems with multiple '.' in the filename.

Edit: Retried with SPEA_MEDIA_GALLERY_5_95_AllDrivers_0395_2.rar but same error: Prohibited driver file extension: .

?!? 😕

Yup, before just now, if the file was over 8M, then PHP was silently trashing it, and setting $_FILES["driverfile"]["name"] to an empty string. And of course, ".nothing" is not a permitted extension!

I scratched my head for a while over that one, believe me!

Reply 51 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, there's some basic JavaScript in there now that will give you a little warning if the file you've selected is over 30 million bytes. It doesn't work on IE8, but does work on FireFox 9 and Chrome. Might work on IE9, haven't got it installed to test.

I'll do a changelog tomorrow, it's 10:25PM and I'm sleepy. 🙁

Reply 52 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

2011-12-22
- Set post_max_size to 32M in php.ini. This should stop the "Invalid file extension" error for files over 8MB.
- Added a JavaScript check for file size to the upload form (doesn't stop you uploading, it just gives you a red warning if the file you chose is too big) Supported on Chrome and Firefox. Doesn't seem to work on Safari or Internet Explorer. I'm looking for an alternative that's more accommodating.
- Usernames and Passwords have been sent to everybody that has uploaded or contributed a file. If these accounts don't work, PM me. If you want to change your password, hang tight, that facility is on the way.

Reply 54 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Good news boys and girls, I'm on the ViRGE (ha!) of a breakthrough with the FTP upload thing. Stay tuned!

Reply 55 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I need a volunteer to test something, any takers?

If all goes well, FTP access should be up and running in the next 24 hours. 😁

Reply 56 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

First changes for 2012! Yay!

2012-01-07
==========
- Home page now shows 20 most recently uploaded files, instead of a flat list of every file. This should make it load faster as we add more drivers!

- Beta FTP functionality is available. I'm looking for testers!

- Removed the category links from the "You are now logged in" page, as clicking them would cause you to have to log in again, and left a stale login token in the database.

Reply 58 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi Roy, sorry about that, I did see your PM. When you sent it, I was planning on having FTP working "soon" so I was just going to reply when it was working. Sadly it's taken until now, so I apologise.

Let me get it all set up for you. A PM will be incoming shortly! 😀