VOGONS

VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 380 of 1466, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have did original driver CD of 3dfx Voodoo RealVision Flash 3D as image file and scanned manual to pics also, I can create .pdf of it and upload on drv library, the question: I have to register or just use password from Vogons?
Edit: Never done it before, but have respect to idea of it. I've found it very helpful once with AWE32 drivers (thanks to uploader!)

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 381 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

VogonsDrivers.com isn't affiliated with the VOGONS forums in any way. So unfortunately you'll need to get the admin over there to create an account for you.

OH WAIT, THAT'S ME!!! 😜

I'll make you an account and PM you the details. 😁

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 383 of 1466, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@Squallstrife: I noticed that a lot of the uploaded stuff on vogonsdrivers has some common name like "Win9x driver for hardware" and lacks any additional description. Could you maybe fix this and add at least a note of the version and e.g. if the dos tools are included in such package etc. ?
I also noted that for the 'repacked and cleaned' packages any information is missing what actually has been changed/cleaned.
In earlier times also certain driver versions were marked as "recommended", did you drop this habit?

Maybe you should add a check that a driver can not be put up with an empty description field.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 384 of 1466, by Godlike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, that's good point. I will upload soon original drivers CD of Voodoo 4MB (RealVision Flash 3D) with detailed content list and scanned manual. I'm doing it how I would like to find myself: full, easy and clear. Regards

5xv2YSm.png
ASUS P2B-F, PII 450Mhz, 128MB-SDR, 3Dfx Diamond Monster 3D II SLI, Matrox Millennium II AGP, Diamond Monster Sound MX300

Reply 385 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
elianda wrote:
@Squallstrife: I noticed that a lot of the uploaded stuff on vogonsdrivers has some common name like "Win9x driver for hardware" […]
Show full quote

@Squallstrife: I noticed that a lot of the uploaded stuff on vogonsdrivers has some common name like "Win9x driver for hardware" and lacks any additional description. Could you maybe fix this and add at least a note of the version and e.g. if the dos tools are included in such package etc. ?
I also noted that for the 'repacked and cleaned' packages any information is missing what actually has been changed/cleaned.
In earlier times also certain driver versions were marked as "recommended", did you drop this habit?

Maybe you should add a check that a driver can not be put up with an empty description field.

Good grief, I know exactly what you mean!!

It would take me an age to go through everything myself, obviously.

I pulled a report from the database of files with descriptions less than 50 characters long, maybe if anybody gets some free time they could do some updates:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aXVmS … dit?usp=sharing

I'll take a look when I can, obviously, but as they say, many hands make light work!

I don't remember ever personally marking files as recommended, was this something done in Malik's original Creative Drivers thread maybe?

Reply 386 of 1466, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey guys, would it be helpful to anyone if I extracted the ISO and uploaded my Microsoft SideWinder Gamepad driver CD? It is the original version with the gameport pass-through, and I didn't find the drivers after a quick Google search (not that I made much of an effort). It also comes with the profiler and a few sound card drivers (for whatever reason... perhaps updated gameport drivers).
If so, should I just upload it to some filesharing service, then SquallStrife or anyone with an account there would actually upload it to vogonsdrivers?

Reply 387 of 1466, by Jolaes76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, if you are not planning on regular contributions, that is the way. A nice piece of hw, BTW. 😀

"Ita in vita ut in lusu alae pessima iactura arte corrigenda est."

Reply 388 of 1466, by alexanrs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here you go, guys:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=7 ... file%2ciso
And yeah, I'm really fond of this gamepad. I like MS input devices in general, I use an XBox 360 controller on my main machine.

Reply 392 of 1466, by BuuBox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Would an ISO of the AWE64 Value CD be useful?

If so, what's the best place to upload it so it can be copied to Vogons Driver Library?

I might have a few things to contribute, going through some old driver CDs.

Reply 393 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
BuuBox wrote:

If so, what's the best place to upload it so it can be copied to Vogons Driver Library?

Just put them on mega.co.nz or similar, and flick me a PM here on the forum. I'll do the upload to vogonsdrivers.com for you then.

Reply 394 of 1466, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Logitech SoundMan Wave Technical Reference (March 1994).
Courtesy of Bitsavers.org.
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=818

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 395 of 1466, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
NJRoadfan wrote:

Found a FTP with a treasure trove of old drivers, it may be worth mirroring: ftp://ftp.brain.it/public/

Took a quick look, it does have a lot of old stuff. Any way to download the entire thing in a single click? If I have to download everything manually, it'll take forever 🤣

editreason: I typed "clock" instead of "click" 🤣

Last edited by Tetrium on 2015-09-02, 13:52. Edited 1 time in total.

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 396 of 1466, by BuuBox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SquallStrife wrote:
BuuBox wrote:

Just put them on mega.co.nz or similar, and flick me a PM here on the forum. I'll do the upload to vogonsdrivers.com for you then.

Oops, somehow missed this.

Sent you a PM. 😀

Reply 397 of 1466, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Tetrium wrote:
NJRoadfan wrote:

Found a FTP with a treasure trove of old drivers, it may be worth mirroring: ftp://ftp.brain.it/public/

Took a quick look, it does have a lot of old stuff. Any way to download the entire thing in a single click? If I have to download everything manually, it'll take forever 🤣

editreason: I typed "clock" instead of "click" 🤣

Any decent FTP client can do this.
Or use DownThemAll...
Or wget (if I recall correctly)

There's plenty of options.

Stiletto

Reply 398 of 1466, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Uploaded: Creative Labs 3D Blaster VLB (CT6200) Driver disks:
As found on DriverGuide: http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=824

Uploaded: Creative 3D Blaster VLB (CT6200) - Software Update (Windows 95) - C3DB-95UPD-1-US
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=831

Uploaded: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Pro MCV (CT5330) Driver disk #1, thanks to PeterLI.
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=825

[EDIT] Also added a shit-ton of 3dlabs GLINT / Permedia drivers.

Stiletto

Reply 399 of 1466, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There may be an outage over the weekend, as the hosting provider moves us to a new VM.

Will keep you posted.