VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 480 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malvineous wrote:

Any idea when new users will be able to start uploading files? I'm collecting them like crazy at the moment but have nowhere to put them.

Maybe we can get a hosting system set up on the Vogonswiki server if there are issues preventing Vogonsdrivers from working properly?

I switched them back on night before last. Your account details are in a PM!

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 482 of 1461, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Is any of these of any interest? Nothing too special that can't be found elsewhere, just the satisfaction that these .IMA come from the original disks and not some .zip that someone put together.

01.jpg
Filename
01.jpg
File size
247.34 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
02.jpg
Filename
02.jpg
File size
231.22 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 483 of 1461, by Beegle

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
konc wrote:

Is any of these of any interest? Nothing too special that can't be found elsewhere, just the satisfaction that these .IMA come from the original disks and not some .zip that someone put together.

I don't know if you're asking SquallStrife directly or everyone, but to me the sound drivers for Aztech and Master Boomer II look the most interesting.

The more sound cards, the better.
AdLib documentary : Official Thread
Youtube Channel : The Sound Card Database

Reply 484 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
konc wrote:

01.jpg
02.jpg

They all look like perfect candidates to me!

Reply 485 of 1461, by Malvineous

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@SquallStrife: Any chance the upload form can be modified so that if you make a mistake you don't lose everything you typed in? For example if you try to upload with an invalid filename extension, or you take too long to type in the description and get logged out, when you try to upload you'll get an error. If you then use the back button to try to correct the error, the upload form gets wiped and you have to type everything in all over again!

Reply 486 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malvineous wrote:

@SquallStrife: Any chance the upload form can be modified so that if you make a mistake you don't lose everything you typed in? For example if you try to upload with an invalid filename extension, or you take too long to type in the description and get logged out, when you try to upload you'll get an error. If you then use the back button to try to correct the error, the upload form gets wiped and you have to type everything in all over again!

That's something I have on my to-do list, I've had a few folks mention similar issues in the past.

I'm surprised that you're getting logged out though, the login cookie should persist until the browser is closed!

Reply 487 of 1461, by Malvineous

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Interesting. I seem to get logged out after an hour or so, so if I open the upload form then get distracted I tend to get logged out. I just have to remember to visit another page on the site before I attempt an upload to avoid hassle.

It looks like the form is being wiped because it's being served with headers suggesting that it should not be cached. It looks like the site may be run through CloudFare, so I'm not sure whether it's them adding these headers, but if so, it's probably because the site isn't returning any caching headers at all.

I think if you set the Pragma/Expires/Cache-Control headers such that the upload form is flagged as OK to cache for e.g. a day, then it should retain the content if the back button is used.

Reply 488 of 1461, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Beegle wrote:

I don't know if you're asking SquallStrife directly or everyone, but to me the sound drivers for Aztech and Master Boomer II look the most interesting.

SquallStrife wrote:

OK, here you are then. Glad to share them, this is actually hardware I used to own and recently got my hands on it again.

https://mega.nz/#!NNoTAYoC!oDiqsoOwwJM9z85STc … Cr0rO6fbP1wG_oo

Reply 489 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malvineous wrote:

It looks like the form is being wiped because it's being served with headers suggesting that it should not be cached. It looks like the site may be run through CloudFare, so I'm not sure whether it's them adding these headers, but if so, it's probably because the site isn't returning any caching headers at all.

I think if you set the Pragma/Expires/Cache-Control headers such that the upload form is flagged as OK to cache for e.g. a day, then it should retain the content if the back button is used.

OK, I did that. (Using the <meta http-equiv=...> tags) See if that helps!

Reply 490 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
konc wrote:
OK, here you are then. Glad to share them, this is actually hardware I used to own and recently got my hands on it again. […]
Show full quote
Beegle wrote:

SquallStrife wrote:

OK, here you are then. Glad to share them, this is actually hardware I used to own and recently got my hands on it again.

https://mega.nz/#!NNoTAYoC!oDiqsoOwwJM9z85STc … Cr0rO6fbP1wG_oo

And those are now uploaded! Thanks man! 😀

Reply 491 of 1461, by Malvineous

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
SquallStrife wrote:

OK, I did that. (Using the <meta http-equiv=...> tags) See if that helps!

Thanks for that! No luck though unfortunately. I started a new upload, typed "test" into the description (left the other fields unchanged), pressed submit, got an error, used the back button, and "test" was missing from the description field.

HTTP meta tags aren't very reliable for setting headers - for starters I don't think CloudFare or other proxy servers are aware of them so they don't respect them. Since it looks like you're using PHP, using PHP's header() command is a much more reliable way of adjusting HTTP headers.

Reply 492 of 1461, by Malvineous

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Is there a bug preventing entries from having images added after the upload? I just tried to add this image to this recent upload, but it comes up with "Image file OK. Image file moving failed!"

Reply 493 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malvineous wrote:

Is there a bug preventing entries from having images added after the upload? I just tried to add this image to this recent upload, but it comes up with "Image file OK. Image file moving failed!"

Indeed there was. This is now fixed. 😀

I've also moved those cache-related parameters to the HTTP header, let me know if it works for you!

Reply 494 of 1461, by Malvineous

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Excellent! Thanks for the quick fix.

I can also confirm that the cache-related parameters do appear to have fixed the problem. When I use the back button now after an error, the original fields are still intact. Good stuff!

Reply 495 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Malvineous wrote:

Excellent! Thanks for the quick fix.

I can also confirm that the cache-related parameters do appear to have fixed the problem. When I use the back button now after an error, the original fields are still intact. Good stuff!

Right on!

Reply 496 of 1461, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is a bug when getting invalid file extension when uploading through FTP:

Capture.PNG
Filename
Capture.PNG
File size
34.48 KiB
Views
File license

The problem is that the files does not exist in the FTP client, and the new files won't get processed/detected.

Capture2.PNG
Filename
Capture2.PNG
File size
13.59 KiB
Views
File license
Capture3.PNG
Filename
Capture3.PNG
File size
27.72 KiB
Views
File license

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 497 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:
There is a bug when getting invalid file extension when uploading through FTP: […]
Show full quote

There is a bug when getting invalid file extension when uploading through FTP:

Capture.PNG

The problem is that the files does not exist in the FTP client, and the new files won't get processed/detected.

Capture2.PNG
Capture3.PNG

I've excluded that page from CloudFlare caching. Can you try it again?

Reply 498 of 1461, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SquallStrife wrote:

I've excluded that page from CloudFlare caching. Can you try it again?

Seems to have fixed it 😀

Reply 499 of 1461, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Recently added:

Suggestion for new features:

- Tags (for manufacturer, chip type (Riva128, Riva TNT), operating system, disk images/files, etc)
- Easy small picture gallery (for disc scans, pictures of box, hardware, documentation, etc)

Also I marked some files for deletion.