VOGONS Driver Library

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 1461, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Voodoo3 CDs uploaded.

EDIT : SquallStrife, the picture upload is not working well. Any picture uploaded shows only the Diamond Monster 3D II CD image. It reapperas even after deleting the image and re-uploading a new one. Even when editing other sections like the Voodoo3 files. Previously happened with the Voodoo 3 3000 image which appeared in any file I uploaded.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 82 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, something is going wrong, the filenames are not being retained when the database is updated. There are two files in there, called ".jpg" and ".png", which are being overwritten every time an image goes up. Not good!

I'll check that out today, I might need some help to debug it. I'll let you know.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 83 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Alright, the image uploading problem is fixed.

The bug was that a variable was mis-spelled in the doedit.php script, so the image file was not getting a name. Every time a file was uploaded, the name was being set to [blank].jpg and overwriting the same file.

I've corrected this.

Reply 84 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

elianda, that is by design. If you want to link to the files, you need to link to the download page, not to the file itself:

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=242

If you click the link on that page, it works fine.

Reply 85 of 1461, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, it does not. I got the same error whether I use the direct link or click on the link makes no difference.

Edit: Maybe it is a different problem, I somehow get forbidden 403 for any download link.
I use Firefox 10.0

Reply 86 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ooh OK, Interesting!

I'll install Firefox and see if I get the same bug. Could you PM me your IP so I can cross-check the access logs? Also, are you using any kind of script/plugin/addon that could be hiding the referrer when you try to download the file?

Edit: Just tested with Firefox 10.0 on Mac, and it worked just fine.

Edit: The 403 error page will now show you the referrer. Might help get to the bottom of the problem! 😀

Reply 87 of 1461, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Guys, have a look at the picture in the Voodoo3 3000 page : http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=316.

I don't know where it came from and who uploaded it.

Anyway, it'll be there for a limited time only. (Before I upload an appropriate picture.) 🤣

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 88 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

🤣

Sorry, that was me doing some testing! 😖 Guess I forgot to change things back when I was cleaning up!

Reply 89 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

2012-02-09
========
- FTP uploads are now unticked by default on the "Process FTP Uploads" screen. It's a good idea to verify each one has the correct size before hitting "Submit"
- FTP uploads that remain unticked when you click "Submit" will now be deleted. This will also apply to files showing the "FILE ALREADY EXISTS" or "INVALID EXTENSION" errors. If you want to rename a file before having it processed, you can do so through your FTP client.
- Fixed a bug causing image uploads through the "edit" interface to be named incorrectly. Image uploading should now work correctly.
- Added some diagnostic information to the HTTP 403 error screen.

Reply 90 of 1461, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm going to upload a pedobear to replace that pic! 😜

I think it's a good idea to have a built in hash checker in the FTP upload processor... that way you can verify it against your own hash locally... it'll be more reliable than simply comparing file sizes 😀

Reply 91 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

WRT Rendition drivers, is "Release 1.0, build 5235 -- November 23rd, 1998" found inside the SDK archive the latest NT4 driver for V2200?

Reply 92 of 1461, by AdamP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Is the CT1330A a Sound Blaster Pro 1 or 2? Because I have a Creative Sound Blaster Pro 2 Windows 3.1 FM driver (not the usual Voyetra one). The other uploaded SB Pro drivers all use the Voetra one.

Reply 94 of 1461, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

http://www.ask.asia.creative.com/wwenglish/ge … _list_audio.htm

Creative's model number system becomes nigh-on useless after the Pro 2 series.

The only pattern I can see is that the first two digits seem to relate loosely to the product family.

Reply 95 of 1461, by AdamP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Shall I upload only the FM driver or all the other drivers that came with it? They are:

Artisoft Sounding Board
Creative Sound Blaster Pro Wave and MIDI
Creative Sound Blaster Pro MIDI Synthetizer
Creative Sound Blaster Pro Auxiliary Audio
Pro AudioSpectrum Wave/MIDI/Aux
Pro AudioSpectrum Stereo FM
Pro AudioSpectrum Mixer
[MCI] Mixer Control

and they come form the Windows 3.1 Resource kit.

I hope this isn't a violation of copyright 😀

Reply 96 of 1461, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

upload away.... that's the whole point of this repository... lots of people either lost their disks or they no longer work... or they bought 2nd hand hardware without the disks and couldn't enjoy its full potential

is it possible to even buy them from the manufacturer (if they still exist)? not at all!

Reply 97 of 1461, by TheMAN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
AdamP wrote:

Is the CT1330A a Sound Blaster Pro 1 or 2? Because I have a Creative Sound Blaster Pro 2 Windows 3.1 FM driver (not the usual Voyetra one). The other uploaded SB Pro drivers all use the Voetra one.

CT1330 is SB Pro 1.0
CT1350 is SB Pro 1.0, revision 1
CT1600, CT1610, CT1620, CT1680, CT1690, and CT2600 are SB Pro 2.0
only CT1600 was retailed AFAIK, which has the Panasonic CD-ROM interface.... the rest are proprietary or SCSI

keep in mind that Creative has a tendency of reusing PCBs for their variations, so you can never go by the number printed on the board... that is not what they officially designate that particular card as.... always go by the FCC ID white sticker if you can, it will have a more specific "CT" number on there

for example the original SB16 card was CT1730... there was also the ASP chip version, but the card was also commonly called "CT1730" as it is the same board except with the extra chip added... but really, it is called the CT1740 according to Creative's product list

Reply 98 of 1461, by DonutKing

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

CT1350 is SB Pro 1.0, revision 1

CT1350 is SB 2.0, not SB Pro

I know because I've been fiddling with them every day for the last month 😜

If you are squeamish, don't prod the beach rubble.