VOGONS Driver Library

Discussion about old PC hardware.

Re: VOGONS Driver Library

Postby SquallStrife » 2019-5-14 @ 00:42

cyclone3d wrote:Trying to upload a manual for the STB Soundrage 32 sound card right now. I put it in a zip and tried to upload via the web interface - tried both Chrome and Edge and getting this same exact error on both:
vogonsdrivers_upload_error.PNG

Can you tell me the exact name of the file you are trying to upload? If multiple browsers are experiencing a problem, I have to guess it's something to do with the values being provided.

I just uploaded a test file through the web interface and it worked OK.
VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread
[retro swim] | Link | Release Thread
Twice-weekly silliness on Twitch!! http://www.twitch.tv/RetroSwim (8:30PM Fri+Mon AEST)
SquallStrife
l33t

Postby cyclone3d » 2019-5-14 @ 01:29

SquallStrife wrote:
cyclone3d wrote:Trying to upload a manual for the STB Soundrage 32 sound card right now. I put it in a zip and tried to upload via the web interface - tried both Chrome and Edge and getting this same exact error on both:
vogonsdrivers_upload_error.PNG

Can you tell me the exact name of the file you are trying to upload? If multiple browsers are experiencing a problem, I have to guess it's something to do with the values being provided.

I just uploaded a test file through the web interface and it worked OK.

I tried:
"STB Soundrage 32 manual.zip"
"STB_Soundrage_32_manual.zip"

I just tried again and the same exact error message came up.
I thought maybe it was just the manual category so I tried putting it in the Gravis category but the same thing happened.

Also tried disabling my firewall - no change

The web upload page says this when I select the file I am trying to upload : "File OK: 13,564,408 bytes."

Not sure what is going on.
cyclone3d
l33t

Postby Dragon Caesar » 2019-5-21 @ 02:39

I found a set of utilities that may be helpful for anyone who stumbles across a NexGen VL system. These utilities are the NexGen VL BIOS flasher, v3 of the VL BIOS, and some shareware for CPU identification and FPU emulation. There's also a README from NexGen included with descriptions of each along with strong words about how they're not responsible for any kind of support with the CPU identification utilities.
Attachments
nexgen80.zip
(802.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Dragon Caesar

Postby cyclone3d » 2019-5-21 @ 04:22

Ok, so I think I may have figured out what was going on.

Back when the ftp processing was not working, I had uploaded a file and then forgot to process it after it was fixed.

Then when I tried to upload via the web interface, it seems like it freaked out and didn't know what to do.
cyclone3d
l33t

Postby Paralel » 2019-5-22 @ 19:04

Digispeech Plus & Port-Able Sound Plus Drivers v4.05

Also contains the last version of the Sound Blaster emulation software, BMaster v2.07

Device must be attached when installation occurs, or installation in DOS or Windows will error out.
Attachments
DigiSpch.exe
Digispeech Plus & Port-Able Sound Plus Drivers v4.05
(1.12 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Paralel

Postby cyclone3d » 2019-5-24 @ 05:04

Just uploaded the original drivers and scanned user manual for the DSP Solutions Digispeech Plus DS311.
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=1545&menustate=0

Original drivers are version 4.00 (DOS, Windows 3.X and 95)
The Diginet Network Disk is version 1.0

@Paralel - Thanks for the 4.05 driver set. :happy:
cyclone3d
l33t

Previous

Return to General Old Hardware