VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does the MediaVision Pro AudioSpectrum Plus sound card have an 8-bit ISA connector, and the MV Pro AudioSpectrum 16 have a 16-bit ISA connector?

Reply 2 of 4, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks a lot! 😀 I was unable to navigate that website (symphoniae.com) where those images are located, so please could you also provide an image of the PAS16 "studio" version? Thanks.

It's interesting that several minor looking iterations of the PAS16 card seem to exist. When I browse ebay, I notice slightly different looking PAS16 cards on there.

Reply 4 of 4, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
retro games 100 wrote:

Thanks a lot! 😀 I was unable to navigate that website (symphoniae.com) where those images are located, so please could you also provide an image of the PAS16 "studio" version? Thanks.

It's interesting that several minor looking iterations of the PAS16 card seem to exist. When I browse ebay, I notice slightly different looking PAS16 cards on there.

I have photos of most of the major variants posted about halfway down the thread here:

A gallery of strange sound devices

The majority of PAS16 model variances have to do with the CD-ROM interface type, be it SCSI, LMSI, or vendor-specific.

Cards that Media Vision produced will have some sort of 650-xxxx-xx part number, in addition to the company name/logo silk-screening. Media Vision also sold PAS/TB chipsets and designs, from which clone cards, such as the one Mau1wurf1977 has, were produced.