VOGONS

Reply 20 of 26, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well they shop i work has been in business for for 30 years or so my boss even longer. at this time i thinks it's nearing time to move to smaller building since the corporations have taken a big hit out of new systems sales (used to build and sell). any who we need to get rid of this stuff, witch i still have plenty more of to photo graph. we will sell some of it on ebay more thank likely. we won't be giving any thing away at least not with free shipping.

that said non of this is for sale here i may list some it on OCN as well as ebay.
I still have some p3 are and slot A era and some gfx cards to list and maybe some of the lower end P4s. We still sell P4s quite a bit so we will be keeping the good stuff on the P4s, oh yeah a few really old socket 7 looking cyrixs and few sockets As too, heck i think we have a few of those older systems with the turbo button complete we usually give those to these radio guys who program older radios with them cause they need win95 to do so.

Remember i'm not selling any this stuff here i'm just trying to learn about and see if it's worth a darned.

Reply 21 of 26, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Speaking of SLOT ATHLONS... If you find one that looks like this: AMD-A1000MMR24B or AMD-K7100MNR53B i'm HIGHLY interested.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 22 of 26, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Message me if you feel like giving away your Socket 7 motherboards, systems, or CPUs. If the item interests me, I'll pay for shipping.

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 23 of 26, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
luckybob wrote:

Speaking of SLOT ATHLONS... If you find one that looks like this: AMD-A1000MMR24B or AMD-K7100MNR53B i'm HIGHLY interested.

Good luck with that. Best I've found so far for a reasonable price is a 900mhz T-bird and I think it's an 850mhz K7. 1ghz parts were the end of the line for both so none of them came out for upgrades and resold. Most of them probably got junked with their original motherboards years ago. Performance didn't really scale well with them anyway. You'd hardly notice the difference between an 800mhz and a 1ghz and it would probably be cheaper and easier to find a Goldfinger device to overclock a slower one to 1ghz than to find a real 1ghz slot Athlon as they are all great overclockers.

Reply 24 of 26, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
sliderider wrote:

Good luck with that. Best I've found so far for a reasonable price is a 900mhz T-bird and I think it's an 850mhz K7. 1ghz parts were the end of the line for both so none of them came out for upgrades and resold. Most of them probably got junked with their original motherboards years ago. Performance didn't really scale well with them anyway. You'd hardly notice the difference between an 800mhz and a 1ghz and it would probably be cheaper and easier to find a Goldfinger device to overclock a slower one to 1ghz than to find a real 1ghz slot Athlon as they are all great overclockers.

Its still on my wishlist. I've come to the conclusion that gold finger devices dont exist.

Reply 25 of 26, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
luckybob wrote:

Oh yes, I remember looking on line at prices as I realized I would never own one. when i first started really getting in to building machines i got my uncle's old slot A and wanted a faster CPU as any oc on a 750 would lock up.

Reply 26 of 26, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There is actually a K7-1ghz on ebay right now, but its being sold by some arse with 10,000 items on ebay. It was for sale for $100, I asked if they would just sell the processor, the guy decided to unlist it and relist it for $165.

jerk.