VOGONS

First post, by CU_AMiGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yo!

OK I have recently acquired a Packard Bell iMedia 5068 tower. And have recently gave it a good clean out which obviously required me to take everything out! One problem! I cant remember how the metal bracket/cradle that houses the hard drive fits back in!!! not only that but i see no way in which it screws in either?! so i am guessing that it slides in somehow?! but i have tried doing this but there is no way it seems to stay in securely. the whole tower isnt exactly the most well built one anyway (even if it looks cool, its pretty fragile!). can anyone how has experience with these damn things point me in the right direction please? maybe even upload some pics?! (there doesnt seem to be much info on this tower on the internet!)

Thanks for your time.

Reply 2 of 4, by CU_AMiGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi yeah here is some pics of the system and inside.

cheers

Attachments

• Filename
    pc1.jpg
    File size
    77.77 KiB
    Downloads
    203 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    pc2.jpg
    File size
    95.05 KiB
    Downloads
    205 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    pc3.jpg
    File size
    72.07 KiB
    Downloads
    216 downloads
    File license
  • Filename
    hdcradle.jpg
    File size
    67.74 KiB
    Downloads
    220 downloads
    File license

Reply 3 of 4, by nemesis

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It really looks like there's another part missing... on the other hand I've seen a similar case before but the cradle attached to the side near the front... kind of an odd angle. I don't see the right clips to attach it though.

Reply 4 of 4, by CU_AMiGA

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi

i had a look for additional extra but couldnt find anything. i m debating about whether this was originally welded onto the rest (where the cd rom drives attach to) in the first place. 🙁 there are other versions of this tower tho (with different specs).

regards