Reply 181 of 185, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
robertmo wrote:
filipetolhuizen wrote:

I never knew Hi-Octane and Nascar Racing 1 could be 3D accelerated. 😮

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)

US Navy Fighters really needed 3D acceleration. It was so slow for the CPUs at the time and the 3D graphics weren't that good.

Reply 182 of 185, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vetz wrote:

NASCAR Racing on the NV1 - Pentium 166mhz vs Pentium 3 1050mhz - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_6O01oC2E (Yes, the P166 is noticably quicker!)

I take it that this is due to buggy drivers or whatever? Do other games show this behavior as well?

Reply 183 of 185, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
d1stortion wrote:
vetz wrote:

NASCAR Racing on the NV1 - Pentium 166mhz vs Pentium 3 1050mhz - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2_6O01oC2E (Yes, the P166 is noticably quicker!)

I take it that this is due to buggy drivers or whatever? Do other games show this behavior as well?

I created this video as a response to my comparison video on Nascar Racing turned out not to be entirely correct. When I made the comparison video I had no idea the game would run better on a Pentium 1 machine than a Pentium III with the NV1 (back then I didn't show the games running on time correct hardware like I do now). As far as I know this is the only game on the NV1 that have this issue. I have no clue to what is causing it. I've tested both the 1.0 drivers and 2.3, and both the 2200 and 3240, no difference.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 184 of 185, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

PowerVR PCX2 cards seem odd, and probably need extensive testing on many different host cards and motherboard combinations (including AGP8X) to find its fastest sweet spot for bus transfer.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 185 of 185, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Did anyone ever try to put a PCX2 in a 66MHz PCI slot? IIRC the PCI capabilities claimed that the card could work in this but I'm not sure how to interpret that.