VOGONS

Anybody have a copy of Ringworld?

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Hater Depot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I happened to pull out my boxed copy of Ringworld: Revenge of the Patriarchs recently and found that the novel that was included has unfortunately gone missing. I seem to recall that it looked like one of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180866059324?ssPageNa … 984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120878754577?ssPageNa … 984.m1423.l2649

Can anyone confirm if one of them is the correct one? I would appreciate if anyone can confirm the correct edition/printing that was included. Thanks!

Korea Beat -- my cool translation blog.

Reply 6 of 9, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
robertmo wrote:

What is that book on the right?

The book on the left is the Larry Niven's Hugo and Nebula award winning Novel "Ringworld" from his 'Known Space" series. It is a fairly famous SF story. It is what the game was based on. It is also what Halo was based on. The novel was far better than the game.

Reply 7 of 9, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yeah, i read that and builders and know there is nothing more as the throne is said to be poor. But i guess the need for more made me see more 😉
Didn't know halo was based on that.

Anyway The Witcher novel (and stories) are far better than any other book 😉

Reply 8 of 9, by jthieme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Hater Depot wrote:

jthieme, thanks so much! If I can bother you again, I'm curious if your copy contained any registration card or catalog?

It appears that it did have a registration card attached to the disk exchange card but I must have sent it in as it's missing and I can see the perforations where it was detached. My box also has 7 3.5" floppies and some foam on the bottom to keep everything from rattling around.

DSCN0521e.JPG

Reply 9 of 9, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
robertmo wrote:

yeah, i read that and builders and know there is nothing more as the throne is said to be poor. But i guess the need for more made me see more 😉

Actually there is more:
Ringworld's Children (2004)
is said to be better than the throne

And 4 months after this thread was started there was a next one released:
Fate of Worlds (2012) 😀