VOGONS

First post, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does this exist? I'm planning to mostly play 1995-1999 games and thus don't need full SB16 combatability with the earlier 90's games.

I need the SPDIF output for recording purposes. I want to play on my vintage computer and capture both sound and video (video through a VGA/HDMI capture card) in the best possible quality. The footage I'm planning to use for videos on either Youtube or personal usage.

I know the AWE64 exists, but that card unfortunately don't have a waveblaster for my DB50XG clone daughtercard. The AWE32 could be a candidate, but from what I understand it doesnt put out everything on it's SPDIF output?

Reply 1 of 2, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Terratec ews64xl with front/header box. The card is sbpro compatible, there's a wavetable header in the front box, and there's spdif too. Used to be a good site about this [ews64.com] but it's now defunct it seems. There's still Maz's site: http://www.soundtrackers.de/ews64_without_frames.html.

Last edited by ratfink on 2012-04-26, 16:29. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 2, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

All waveblaster daughterboards output analog sound to the host soundcard.

The Original Yamaha OPL3 FM chip outputs at 49.7 kHz.

CMI-8330 based ISA soundcards have S/PDIF output, but it is just a jumper connector at TTL level voltage. The CMI-8330 is one of the very few SB16 compatible chips. Though 99% of the DOS games use 8-bit samples.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul