VOGONS

Reply 21 of 29, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have been playing Comanche since yesterday and the patch really makes it a lot nicer. Without the patch I was flying through the landscapes so fast that harder missions were almost impossible. 😀

Specifications: IBM PS/ValuePoint with Pentium Overdrive 83, 16MB & 1MB S3 (integrated in MOBO). 😊

Reply 22 of 29, by idspispopd

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Interesting old thread...
Some more ideas:
- If you don't have an ISA slot you could try a Rendition card, those are pretty slow in VGA mode, slower than a lot of ISA cards.
- BIOS options are indeed a good place to look at.
- If you have two ISA slots you could install an old 8-bit card like a monochrome Hercules (clone). This should put the VGA card into 8-bit mode too so it will be much slower. (Experienced that myself at the time.) This won't slow down a PCI video card.

Reply 23 of 29, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I got to play with this game one day and check this out for myself. Hopefully it comes to GOG.com one day 😀

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 24 of 29, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
MaxWar wrote:
Frame rate does not seem to be limited, it gets very smooth on my 6x86 200mhz, but then the game goes too fast. […]
Show full quote

Frame rate does not seem to be limited, it gets very smooth on my 6x86 200mhz, but then the game goes too fast.

I ran speedsys on my p90, the memory bandwidth maybe a bit slow, what you guys think?

cl1GM.jpg

Whats the name of this program?

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 25 of 29, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Speedsys

It's a classic 😀

http://motherboards.mbarron.net/download/

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 27 of 29, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Speedsys

It's a classic 😀

http://motherboards.mbarron.net/download/

Speedsys hosted on that page is 4.70, which is not the latest.

Get Speedsys v4.78 here.