VOGONS

Reply 20 of 27, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well, wasn't it MidiYoke where you can decide to route each channel to a different Midi Device?

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 21 of 27, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
elianda wrote:

Maybe it is a bit OT, but what camera did you bought to record this footage?
I am still considering buying some camera for indoor recording of computer stuff usually with bad artificial light. Can you recommend one?

To be honest I am the wrong person to talk about this as I don't know much. What I do know however is that the size of the sensor is the most emportant thing when it comes to indoor / low light filming.

If you are not a mole like me and living in a dark man-cave, a bit of sunlight makes the videos better. So it really comes down to spending more money for the better models with larger sensors.

The camera I bought is a Sanyo Xacti SH1. I got it because it has heaps of manual settings (like manual focus for example which is great for filming something off a screen), good battery life and affordable (~ 200).

Another option is using a SLR camera for filming. They have much better sensors but again I don't know enough to really give good tips.

In short if it's a cheap camera you need LOTS of light.

Reply 25 of 27, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just shot another short recording of Privateer. I got quite a few game requests but I don't have any of them and they are all on CDs (often several) and not available from GOG.com either 😒

I used the SB16 in this case as it allowed me to set the mixer and avoid the clipping issue I had with the MPU401AT.

I also tried using the ESS AudioDrive but it has the wavetable header rotated by 180 degrees which makes it impossible to mount the wavetable card. So I would also need to build a ribbon cable for that one 😀

Will link the video shortly.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 26 of 27, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here is is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlWXbj9Fvkg&feature=youtu.be

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 27 of 27, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:

Nice video! Prefer the Roland myself, but I must admit that I prefer Duke Nukem on Yamaha 😉

For "modern" music (rock, techno, etc) like that of Duke Nukem, System Shock, etc, I always prefer Yamaha.

However, now SGM V2,1 + Drums by Slavo + Bellatrix Orchestra soundfonts pretty much beat anything else.