VOGONS

First post, by trist007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am running DOS 6.22 on a P2 333Mhz 64MB RAM.

I installed the roland scc-1 utilities and chkscc detects my card and plays the demo songs. However, if I use the player.exe binary that it comes with to play .mid files it gives me the following error:
"Unable to create file: demo3.mid\GS2CM64.BAT"

It seems like my SCC-1 is stuck in MT-32 Simulation mode and cannot play GS songs. I can't find a file named GS2CM64.BAT, wondering if that's why. Anyhow, I'm lost, what needs to be done?

I took a look at the SCC-1 manual and it said to resume GS mode you need to reboot the computer and send a "GS Reset" to the card, but I don't know how to do that via DOS. I would imagine just using player.exe and opening up a .MID file which includes the GS reset.

I also have an AWE64 Gold but I changed the MIDI address from 330 to 300 so that SCC-1 can use 330.

-Tristan

Reply 1 of 3, by trist007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I downloaded the files from

Requesting floppy image of SCC-1 utility/driver disk

and used mpuplay, and it gave me the error:
"Interrupt Level is wrong!"

I have the jumper set to interrupt 3. chkscc detects it fine on interrupt 3. Does it need to be on another interrupt?

Also here are the pci/isa cards that are in the box

1 agp video card
2 pci 3dfx cards
1 pci network card
1 isa sbawe64 gokd
1 isa roland scc-1
-Tristan

Reply 3 of 3, by trist007

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ah got it, hehe. The player.exe binary is actually an archive. That's why I was getting that error. Gues it was taking an argument as to where to extract the data to. The proper binary that came out of that to play midi files is playb.exe. Problem solved.

-Tristan