VOGONS

First post, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've been trying to look for something to fix it myself to no avail, the problem is some of the percussion patches have improper loop points.

Snare drums will occasionally get stuck playing over and over again without stopping unless I reset the entire sound system. Some melodic sounds like flutes, strings and whistles have improperly set loop points that causes a "pop" to be heard during certain notes.

I saw in some search results there was a fixed version of this patch set that removed the loop points from the snare drums and other percussion instruments and fixed some of the looping on melodic tones so that they don't pop or snap audibly during playback, but I'm lead to 404's when trying to find the file.

Would anyone happen to have the fixed patches? Or is there a simple editor I could use to fix it myself? Thanks.

It's also worth mentioning when loading the offending .PAT's in a tracker like ImpulseTracker (which is what I primarily use to make music), the loop point problem exists in the tracker but can obviously be fixed by disabling the loop point in the sample editor.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων

Reply 1 of 1, by FGB

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Would you please provide some information about the system the card is put in? E.g. CPU & Speed

And which card do you use? A Classic, MAX, PnP, Extreme or a GUS clone?

www.AmoRetro.de Visit my huge hardware gallery with many historic items from 16MHz 286 to 1000MHz Slot A. Includes more than 80 soundcards and a growing Wavetable Recording section with more than 300 recordings.