VOGONS

Reply 121 of 661, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Awright vetz and idspispodp, I'm trying to push this forward again based on their recent, er, activity. Wish me luck!
http://www.mobygames.com/forums/dga,2/dgb,4/dgm,191089/

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 122 of 661, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote:

I can now confirm that Sento and Creep Clash only works with Matrox Impression.

Nice job! You have "Matrox Impression" MGA-IMP (IS-DUBIC) or "Matrox Impression Plus" MGA-IMP+ (IS-ATHENA) card? I think this Renderware API works only on Matrox Impression Plus cards.

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 123 of 661, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Gona wrote:
vetz wrote:

I can now confirm that Sento and Creep Clash only works with Matrox Impression.

Nice job! You have "Matrox Impression" MGA-IMP (IS-DUBIC) or "Matrox Impression Plus" MGA-IMP+ (IS-ATHENA) card? I think this Renderware API works only on Matrox Impression Plus cards.

I have the MGA-IMP+ card. The manual states that support only works with Impression Plus and Impression Lite cards (both with Athena chip).

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 124 of 661, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks! Yes this is more correct: "This Renderware API works only on Matrox Athena chip based cards".
So this is the first PC 3D accelerated proprietary API (for games). Wow!

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 125 of 661, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
hydr0x wrote:
I might have found another game supporting the Rendition Verite through its API. Check out this back cover scan of DSF Ski '99: […]
Show full quote

I might have found another game supporting the Rendition Verite through its API. Check out this back cover scan of DSF Ski '99: Extreme Edition (known as Ski Racing: Extreme Edition) by Sierra. It clearly explicitly only lists 3dfx and Rendition as supported cards. Unlikely then that it's using D3D. Neither have the game nor the card to test this though, just wanted to share this as I accidentally stumbled upon it.

13913681.jpg

After buying the game I can now confirm that the marketing on the backside of the cover is a complete lie.

Here is the readme for version 1.0 (Google translated from German):

SUPPORT FOR RENDITION GRAPHIC ACCELERATION MAP If you are the proud owner of a Rendition card , you will be disappointed be that […]
Show full quote

SUPPORT FOR RENDITION GRAPHIC ACCELERATION MAP
If you are the proud owner of a Rendition card , you will be disappointed
be that this first release of DSF : Ski Racing Extreme Edition no support
imposes on the map. However Wirarbeiten already working on a patch for Rendition cards.
Register the program in any case with Sierra , so we
be informed as soon as the patch is available.

Patch 1.2 says:

Sierra Sccreamin' 3D (Rendition V1000) support in not included in this update. The status of Rendition support will be posted soon on the Sierra website.

No newer patch were ever released. I can't find any new updated info on the Rendition support. Seems to me it never came out.

Reply 126 of 661, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Two more games coming up for testing:

Mortal Kombat 3 for ATI 3D Rage.Source:

Other games already available for the ATI 3D RAGE platform include: William's Mortal Kombat 3 and Gremlin's VR Soccer. Several other company's have new titles under development. Those firms planning to ship games optimized for ATI's 3D platform in the third quarter of 1996 include: Virgin, FormGen, Domark and Interplay. Users can expect additional titles from Psygnosis, Activision and Gremlin as well.

Searches on Google Groups confirm the game was bundled with OEM computers like Gateway that had the ATI 3D Rage. I'm doubtful the game is 3D accelerated in any way, but I'll check it out.
%24_57%20%281%29_small.JPG

Actua Soccer for PowerVR
%24_57_small.JPG

Reply 127 of 661, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I doubt MK3 is accelerated. Just guaranteed to work well on an ATi card and bundled as such. I'd be interesting to see nonetheless, the DOS version is pretty much arcade perfect AFAIK and one of my first video games 😀.
Super Bubsy (SVGA port of Bubsy 1 on SNES/MegaDrive) also features some ATi logos!

Reply 128 of 661, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
F2bnp wrote:

I doubt MK3 is accelerated. Just guaranteed to work well on an ATi card and bundled as such. I'd be interesting to see nonetheless, the DOS version is pretty much arcade perfect AFAIK and one of my first video games 😀.
Super Bubsy (SVGA port of Bubsy 1 on SNES/MegaDrive) also features some ATi logos!

Well, there IS 1 MK3 accelerated version. MK3 Win95, released in 1996. Uses DX5.
So - there is 0.01% chance to ATi CIF version. 😀

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 129 of 661, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK, some testing done!

- Actua Soccer PowerVR, maximum resolution is only 640x480, but the framerate is pretty good on a M3D 😀
- MK3 is just DirectX2, no ATI CIF 🙁

It seems the Actua Soccer version I got was bundled with Gateway 2000 PC's as I also picked up Ultimate Race from the same seller:
http://www.pure.com/press-release/gateway-200 … roduct-line-72/

It features a specialized 3-track version of Ultimate Race with a Gateway 2000 car! (game is captured on the Midas3 which is why there are no bi-linear filtering)!
20140519200447.jpg20140519200439.jpg

Reply 133 of 661, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just acquired this previously unknown Japanese game/program for PowerVR:

2014-05-26%2018.59.39.jpg

Completely unknown to me. I bought it unseen (it just had PowerVR in the title). I can't find any good information online...

Reply 136 of 661, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hey vetz, should the game be called "Sento", "Sentoo", or "Sentō"? I've seen all three ways, in the (non-Matrox) demo even...
http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/msdos/games/arcade/sento.zip

I tried to fix this once already in my posts... 😉

[EDIT] Looks like it's "Sentō" on the (graphics) title screen, "Sentoo" in the attached demo documentation and most of the other places in-game, "Sento" on the end demo screen. It was distributed as a demo as "sento.zip" and 47-TEK trademarked the terms "Sento" and "Sentoo", although the query: "47-TEK" "Sento" on Google outnumbers "47-TEK" "Sentoo" 953 to 332 currently. And "47-TEK" "Sentō" hardly any at all... Looks like (despite the documentation) the Internet is leaning "Sento"? 😁

Stiletto

Reply 137 of 661, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:
Hey vetz, should the game be called "Sento", "Sentoo", or "Sentō"? I've seen all three ways, in the (non-Matrox) demo even... ht […]
Show full quote

Hey vetz, should the game be called "Sento", "Sentoo", or "Sentō"? I've seen all three ways, in the (non-Matrox) demo even...

[EDIT] Looks like it's "Sentō" on the (graphics) title screen, "Sentoo" in the attached demo documentation and most of the other places in-game, "Sento" on the end demo screen. It was distributed as a demo as "sento.zip" and 47-TEK trademarked the terms "Sento" and "Sentoo", although the query: "47-TEK" "Sento" on Google outnumbers "47-TEK" "Sentoo" 953 to 332 currently. And "47-TEK" "Sentō" hardly any at all... Looks like (despite the documentation) the Internet is leaning "Sento"? 😁

heh, the retail release manual actually writes it as Sentõ 😜

Reply 138 of 661, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vetz wrote:
Stiletto wrote:
Hey vetz, should the game be called "Sento", "Sentoo", or "Sentō"? I've seen all three ways, in the (non-Matrox) demo even... ht […]
Show full quote

heh, the retail release manual actually writes it as Sentõ 😜

Hm, it could be that on the title screen instead of Sentō. I'm American and our diacritical recognition is not always that good. 😉

I found it spelled "Sentõ" on some illegal download MP3 music site too, but that's it.

Also, call me crazy but this game isn't on Mobygames...

Stiletto

Reply 139 of 661, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I guess it stands between Sentõ and Sento then. My guess why Sento became popular is because õ couldn't be used in filenames.

3D Shooting Maker isn't on Mobygames either, if we can even count it as a game?