VOGONS

Reply 20 of 28, by 3DfxNerd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

they had cards like that to output video fx from the computer to the VHS tapes, but I don't think thats what its for... sound and vga in and composite video out? Arcade machine seems more likely.

Insert creative signature here.

Reply 21 of 28, by Jepael

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jorpho wrote:

The "9235" seems just a little bit too prominent.

Of course it is, most of the chips and the circuit board are manufactured in year 1992, week 35 or near it.

Reply 22 of 28, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Gee, is numbering things by a two-digit year and a two-digit week of manufacture a common practice?

What struck me as odd was that it was written in relatively large characters and in a unique typeface.

Reply 25 of 28, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would have said it's more likely that "01020205830009" is either a product part number/UPC or a serial number, but Google has no results so far.

9239 or whatever is definitely a datecode.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 26 of 28, by FAMICOMASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sprcorreia wrote:
I have this card and i need to know if anyone knows the brand or model of it. It's an Adlib clone with midi port, VGA pass throu […]
Show full quote

I have this card and i need to know if anyone knows the brand or model of it. It's an Adlib clone with midi port, VGA pass through and video out (i think, never tested).

Thank you.

27xnu9z.jpg

I can't directly find anything via Google Image Search. All that comes up is this forum topic and some visually similar images, including this thing:
2670555069_f7c915789f.jpg

Last edited by Stiletto on 2014-08-10, 15:41. Edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed annoying Google URL

Reply 27 of 28, by Matth79

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The 4.433619MHz crystal - is PAL colour subcarrier frequency - unless they use this for other things as well, so I'd guess conversion to composite video - maybe it came from one of those combined PC/TV systems