VOGONS

Creative 3D Blaster VLB price

Topic actions

Reply 80 of 88, by 3Dude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm also in the wagon of people desperately wanting to get this card. I stupidly lost and auction from eBay-Australia about 3 years ago that sold for less than 30 bucks and I'm still having nightmares about that. I guess I was one of the top bidders for the $700 sold auction, TBH my bid was very very high but somebody wanted the card even more than me.

And for the new auction I certainly would never-ever pay the $500 reserve price and not even half of that for a card without known working condition or accessories like the VGA loop-back cable. I guess the seller assumes a random crazy collector will pay that kind of money just “only for collection” without any intentions of using/benchmarking and or torturing the card.

Reply 81 of 88, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

None of the two other cards that sold really high had known working condition. Both cards were new yes, indicating a very high chance the cards will work, but it was no guarantee.

I used a standard VGA loop back cable on my card, worked without issues. The bundled games I had already acquired.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 82 of 88, by schlang

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

got artex'ed again: Re: Bought these (retro) hardware today

PC#1: K6-III+ 400 | 512MB | Geforce4 | Voodoo1 | SB Live | AWE64 | GUS PNP Pro
PC#2: 486DX2-66 | 64MB | Riva128 | AWE64 | GUS PNP | PAS16
PC#3: 386DX-40 | 32MB | CL-GD5434 | SB Pro | GUS MAX | PAS16

Think you know your games music? Show us: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37532

Reply 83 of 88, by Artex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
schlang wrote:

Nah man... "Artexing" is a completely different tactic and one that I haven't done for a while. Artexing, by definition, is when someone only has a bid-type auction but one messages said seller and offers a BIN price that is too much to resist and the seller closes the auction upon payment. Note that one only "Artex's" an auction when there are NO bids yet on the table. In the case of the VLB card, it was a simple last second bid that won the auction and it was not Artex'd (even though it was won by Artex). Just wanted to call out that if you're going to use the term, you gotta use it correctly... 😎

My Retro B:\ytes YouTube Channel & Retro Collection
LihnlZ.jpg

Reply 84 of 88, by meljor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Artex wrote:
schlang wrote:

Nah man... "Artexing" is a completely different tactic and one that I haven't done for a while. Artexing, by definition, is when someone only has a bid-type auction but one messages said seller and offers a BIN price that is too much to resist and the seller closes the auction upon payment. Note that one only "Artex's" an auction when there are NO bids yet on the table. In the case of the VLB card, it was a simple last second bid that won the auction and it was not Artex'd (even though it was won by Artex). Just wanted to call out that if you're going to use the term, you gotta use it correctly... 😎

🤣 🤣 🤣

asus tx97-e, 233mmx, voodoo1, s3 virge ,sb16
asus p5a, k6-3+ @ 550mhz, voodoo2 12mb sli, gf2 gts, awe32
asus p3b-f, p3-700, voodoo3 3500TV agp, awe64
asus tusl2-c, p3-S 1,4ghz, voodoo5 5500, live!
asus a7n8x DL, barton cpu, 6800ultra, Voodoo3 pci, audigy1

Reply 85 of 88, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Artex wrote:
schlang wrote:

🤣 🤣 🤣

Gotta love when the man himself gotta describe the meme. It's spot on!

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 88 of 88, by SuperHanSolo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have one of these in the original box. Never bothered using it in a retro build since VLB setups are just a pain in the ass to get working.

Though I was pretty certain its rare, ive never ever seen one before online until i saw this thread.

Win 98 Retro PC: AMD K6-2+ @ 550mhz, Mitac 5114VU motherboard, 256MB RAM, Radeon 7000 PCI 64MB DDR
Win 95 Retro PC: Intel Pentium 233mmx, Elpina M571 motherboard, 32MB EDO RAM, Voodoo 3 2000 16MB PCI
Main PC: AMD Ryzen 7700x, 32GB DDR5-6000, Geforce 3080