VOGONS

First post, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Now I have been using the green USB > PS/2 adapter with my Logitech MX518 and Microsoft basic mouse without any issues. I'm aware that you need to get a mouse with PS/2 support for this to work.

How about keyboards? I tried two keyboards from Microsoft and Logitech and they wouldn't work with this purple USB > PS/2 adapter.

I take it only PS/2 compatible keyboards will work? Anyone know of particular models / brands?

Decent / nice PS/2 keyboards are quite hard to find these days.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 1 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mau1wurf1977 wrote:

Decent / nice PS/2 keyboards are quite hard to find these days.

The last two computers I bought (a Dell and a Compaq) came with PS/2 keyboards. I also have two Microsoft wireless receivers that have PS/2 connectors on them, though I'm not sure if they're forward-compatible with newer MS wireless keyboards. And I'm not sure if any of the above necessarily qualify as "nice".

Reply 2 of 4, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I managed to source a PS/2 set (keyboard and mouse) from V7. Quite cheap / basic but the only thing I could find. I guess that some products will come with such an adapter in the box, but hard to find out, this is usually not listed in the product description.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 4 of 4, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

just like serial/ps2 mice, the keyboard needs to support both usb and ps2 modes, a true usb keyboard will never work with an adapter since it can't fall back to the ps2 protocol.... the usb adapter (much like the serial->ps2 ones) is nothing more that a rewire without any ic.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website