VOGONS

First post, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Vogoneers.. once again I need you help 😵 :

You know I bought a Chaintech dual socket 462 Motheboard many months ago but the thing refuses to give me video from the AGP slot 😵; the award bios just gives the common three beeps, complaining about video and nothing else.

However, it's quite strange how can I put a normal PCI vid card along with other AGP boards and actually see some info of the card connected to the agp slot by using a DOS pci sniffer. I also noticed that this board has a 6pin aux connector besides the normal 20 + 4 ones that all Dual 462 boards have..

13-152-008-06.JPG

Perhaps, am I forced to get a PSU which has that connector in order to have video from the slot? or is it "fux0r3d"? zfter all? 😢 . Even worse is the fact that since this is a quite unknown mobo, I can't seem to be able to find even a single pdf manual of it on the net. : 🙁... If I were able get this board totally working it would be so great.. so I could start with my Dual MP 2800 + AAlchemy 8164 Project 😎

Thanks everyone!

Reply 2 of 9, by luckybob

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

its not uncommon for motherboards with agp pro to require the aux power to be connected prior to booting. My dual slot 1 from intel (or840) is such a board.

it will not post with ANY agp video card? what bios version do you have? I found 1008 laying around: http://download.driverguide.com/driver/BIOS+7 … ch/d157595.html

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Reply 3 of 9, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
luckybob wrote:

its not uncommon for motherboards with agp pro to require the aux power to be connected prior to booting. My dual slot 1 from intel (or840) is such a board.

it will not post with ANY agp video card? what bios version do you have? I found 1008 laying around: http://download.driverguide.com/driver/BIOS+7 … ch/d157595.html

Ahhh. 😜 I have the latest bios(the one which adds Barton 2800MP support) and no, it won't post with any agp card, no matter if it's 2x or 4x; but as I said, I can read some info of the card plugged in that agp slot by booting up with a pci card and running a PCI sniffer

Reply 7 of 9, by cskamacska

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
eshwayri wrote on 2021-12-04, 19:42:

I know this is an old post, but just in case someone with this motherboard finds this, I have the manual for this motherboard along with the drivers I used back when I ran mine.

Thats great! Could you share it with us?

There are 0711 (07/11/2002-AMD762-IT8712-DD6S7C0CC-00), 0715, and 1008 (10/08/2003-AMD762-IT8712-DD6S7C0CC-00) BIOS versions on MOBOKIVE
https://www.elhvb.com/MOBOKIVE/ARCHIVE/Chaint … 7kdd/index.html
but no manual to be found. 🙁

the loyal slave learns to love the lash

Reply 8 of 9, by PcBytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Of note, I remember user Cuttoon buying a MSI K7T266 Pro-R and wondering what was that 4 pin for.

Apparently it is standard 12v P4 plug from what it looks (at least I think the pinout is exactly the same as a standard 12v P4 plug), but instead of feeding the CPUs, it's used for the GPU.

"Enter at your own peril, past the bolted door..."
Main PC: i5 3470, GB B75M-D3H, 16GB RAM, 2x1TB
98SE : P3 650, Soyo SY-6BA+IV, 384MB RAM, 80GB

Reply 9 of 9, by cskamacska

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
PcBytes wrote on 2022-06-18, 15:38:

Apparently it is standard 12v P4 plug ... but instead of feeding the CPUs, it's used for the GPU.

You are probably right as the motherboard features a universal AGP Pro slot, and that theoretically could eat up 9.2 (4.17?) Amperes on the 12V rail.
The processors have a nice and deprecated 6 pin AUX connector for themselves.

the loyal slave learns to love the lash