VOGONS

First post, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

OK. I have been looking for a nice socket 3 486 motherboard, which must have PCI and ISA only. It also must have PS/2 mouse port. I don't care if it only has 256KB of cache but i would prefer 512KB. It also must support 25/33/40/50 MHZ FSB and have a coin Li-ion CMOS battery. Chipset wise i guess the best options are the SYS 496/497 and the UMC 888x ones.

I found that there is the Zida Tomato Board 4DPS ver 2.1 board, unfortunately it seems that a couple of them were sold recently on eBay.

What is in your opinion the best board with these characteristics?

Does anyone have a good condition 4DPS Ver 2.1 for sale?

Reply 1 of 3, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I had a SOYO 4SAW-2 , it worked with every 486 variant known, was PCI/ISA and had a working ps2 mouseport as well... so it's another mobo you can add to your search list 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2 of 3, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

SIS 496/497 doesn't have a FSB/PCI divider, so running a 50 MHz bus with PCI cards does not really work on these boards. ISA should be fine though...

I recommend the Asus PVI-486SP3.

Reply 3 of 3, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ackkk.... The Soyo has Nickel battery... I'd give up faster on the 50MHZ bus... I'm really crazy about the 4DPS right now... That one is a must for me!

By the way does anyone have a manual or jumper settings to a Newtech/SMT4321-22B board? It was also called a Terminator board and had ALI 1489/1487 chipset. Any thoughts about this board and chipset?