VOGONS

Powerleap

Topic actions

First post, by 7cjbill2

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Anybody got a pdf laying around for the original PL-54C/MMX? I've got one for a Socket 4 and needing to know jumper settings to try and max it out as much as possible.

Will pay $$$ for:

caching ISA I/O-IDE controller

PM me for my list of trade-ables...

Reply 1 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You!!!!!!! I've been looking for one of these like crazy for years!!!! GIVE IT TO ME!

I have the manual for this adapter. Want to trade?

Actually, if you do a quick google search you can easily find it.

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 2 of 6, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous Coward wrote:

You!!!!!!! I've been looking for one of these like crazy for years!!!! GIVE IT TO ME!

Obviously not crazy enough ? L OL 🤣
Only 100 measly euros....

http://www.cpu-world.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6585

Reply 3 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Perhaps to a CPU collector they're worth that much. I'm not willing to pay out the nose for something that might not be 100% stable, at least according to what I've read about people using them to upgrade servers.

Reply 4 of 6, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah...I found the link to the eBay auction you won. 12 bucks. What a steal...

The last several weeks I've been so busy looking at online auction websites around the world I didn't even bother to check right under my nose.

Reply 5 of 6, by 7cjbill2

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Revive necro-thread!

Sorry, when weather turns bad I start popping back in here. Yeah, funny thing is, I thought this was something else when I bought it....then realizing what it was, needed to go search for a Socket4 board to use it with (I'm disturbed that way)...which I have now.

This is going to be a maxxed-out DOS retro build, and I just found an AT case for it (funny enough, I spent more for the case than for any single part of which I'm building into this machine, who'd a thunk 20 years ago). Oh, I did find the manual on the wayback archive.

Too many retro-builds, not enough time...I just wish I could stop CHANGING my retro builds. So far, my 486 has been the only one to remain stable as far as contents over this past 2-3 years:

Socket4 machine, ultimate win98 machine, socket 7 machine re-do, just started collecting parts for a DFI ss7 machine....ugh. 🤣

Will pay $$$ for:

caching ISA I/O-IDE controller

PM me for my list of trade-ables...