VOGONS

First post, by Standard Def Steve

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just got my hands on a second GeForce 7800GS video card. Before I install it in my NF3 box, I'd like to see how hard (or not) a 1.6GHz PIII can push it. The board I'm going to be testing it on is an Asus TUV4x (VIA 694X).

AGP 4X isn't completely stable (thanks, VIA), but I'm kind of worried about running the 7800GS in 2x mode. Will an AGP 4x motherboard output 3.3v when it's operating in 2X mode? Or will it only decrease the data rate (without increasing the voltage)?

Reply 2 of 3, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Standard Def Steve wrote:

Just got my hands on a second GeForce 7800GS video card. Before I install it in my NF3 box, I'd like to see how hard (or not) a 1.6GHz PIII can push it. The board I'm going to be testing it on is an Asus TUV4x (VIA 694X).

AGP 4X isn't completely stable (thanks, VIA), but I'm kind of worried about running the 7800GS in 2x mode. Will an AGP 4x motherboard output 3.3v when it's operating in 2X mode? Or will it only decrease the data rate (without increasing the voltage)?

Nope, the card will just stay at 1.5v but with the reduced transfer rate of 2x 😉