VOGONS

Ultimate PowerVR SGL card/rig/games?

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 64, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I'm in the process of testing all the games on the card. It's not useless, actually the majority of the games run fine, and if you can live with some glitches with increased frame rate then 75%-80% runs.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 61 of 64, by VooDooMan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vetz wrote:

I'm in the process of testing all the games on the card. It's not useless, actually the majority of the games run fine, and if you can live with some glitches with increased frame rate then 75%-80% runs.

Yeah, this is what I wanted to hear/read 😉 Can't wait till you finish the whole testing! I am glad there is someone who will refute all the rumors... As far as my testing goes(about 60 % of games tested) I came to very similar conclusions 😀

Best Tualatin Motherboard
ECS P6S5AT at 166 MHz
Overclocking Pentium III

Reply 62 of 64, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
VooDooMan wrote:
sliderider wrote:

It looks like Neon 250 is only good for putting in a picture frame and hanging on the wall if it's game compatibility is so bad. 😢

On what basis are you making this statement?

The early posts in the thread.

Reply 63 of 64, by VooDooMan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sliderider wrote:

The early posts in the thread.

Those were rumors based on inappropriate approach to testing... that were refuted partially by me in the later posts and will be refuted totally when Vetz finishes testing 😉

Next time you make a statement of that kind please read the full thread because that type of thinking destroys the opinion of a card that is(was?) little known about...
Regards 😀

Best Tualatin Motherboard
ECS P6S5AT at 166 MHz
Overclocking Pentium III

Reply 64 of 64, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fun?/Sad? fact...Just trying Neon 250 AGP version. If i use for Quake 1 wrapper for PCX2 i have 43FPS in 1024x768x16bit. After that i noticed, that in drivers is instalator for minigl drivers. Did it and fps dropped to 30FPS 😵

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info