VOGONS

First post, by enginesol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm expecting a Diamond Monster Sound MX300, the problem for MX300 is I think that there are no drivers to work under Windows 7.

Some people says this file is working ok: Aureal_AU8830_2568.zip and says: "Comes complete even for Vista and Windows 7"

I have not been able to prove (hopefully soon i will receive an MX300), do not know if these drivers would work or not ( Aureal_AU8830_2568.zip ).
Thanks!

Reply 2 of 5, by enginesol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for reply me!
At first I just need to play the MIDI MX300 (with a wavetable daughterboard Nec XR385).
In short, I need to use the MX300 for MIDI XR385.
This might have running under Windows 7?

Reply 3 of 5, by noshutdown

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:

With Win2k and later it will only function as a basic audio card without any Directsound or A3D support.

I have never tried it with Vista or 7.

au8830 has official driver for windows2000, which also works in winxp but the control panel crashes, making it impossible to set up a3d.

Reply 4 of 5, by enginesol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Eventually I miss the sound card, I bought a box DoX-Box Miditemp.

So work with my XR385 MIDI wavetable daughterboard DB60XG DB50XG YAMAHA.
What about MIDITEMP stuff?

Thank you very much!

Reply 5 of 5, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just for everybody else's information, there are drivers for the Vortex 2 under Windows 7, albeit they're only 32bit and no one has bothered to write 64bit drivers. I've used my Vortex 2 with my XR385 under Win7 32bit for quite sometime and it worked flawlessly. Of course, as swaaye noted it acts as a really basic soundcard which is good enough for me.