Topic actions

Reply 121 of 129, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
robertmo wrote:

I think it makes make them even more rare 😉

It doesn't make them more rare, because the same number still exist. What it does do, is keeps them off the market until such time as the owner decides to disperse their collection. Fortunately, that does happen from time to time. I was lucky enough a year or two back to pick up a few items from the collection of Donovan from Dodge Garage. Nothing too rare, but things that I would have had difficulty finding elsewhere if he hadn't been selling off.

Reply 122 of 129, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The only luck I've in the PC area is not to have been boneheaded *enough* to have thrown out ALL my old gear - at least I saved SOME of it 🤣...

For instance a few years ago I gleefully disposed of an Asus 'Vento' case that I'd really come despise - I see now they regularly go for $120 a pop on eBay. And I appear to have dumped a Voodoo5 just because it had cap falling off and a box of old Pentium boards and a few AWE32 with ram sticks - or at least I can't find where I put them... honestly, if you have the space [and I don't] the rule should be never throw away anything!