Best low profile 370 cooler

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 30, by sgt76

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
m1919 wrote:
I bought a cheap Tyan S2668ANR just because it came with a pair of these. http://www.orbitmicro.com/images/product_images/21314_ […]
Show full quote

I bought a cheap Tyan S2668ANR just because it came with a pair of these.
21314_SI-9XV-NCA%20%283%29.jpg

Holy mother of God!!

Reply 21 of 30, by m1919

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sgt76 wrote:
m1919 wrote:
I bought a cheap Tyan S2668ANR just because it came with a pair of these. http://www.orbitmicro.com/images/product_images/21314_ […]
Show full quote

I bought a cheap Tyan S2668ANR just because it came with a pair of these.
21314_SI-9XV-NCA%20%283%29.jpg

Holy mother of God!!

IKR?

They're probably going on my MSI K8T-Master2 FAR rig.

Crimson Tide - EVGA 1000P2; ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS; 2x E5-2697 v3 14C 3.8 GHz on all cores (All core hack); 64GB Samsung DDR4-2133 ECC
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3; EVGA 750 Ti SC; Sound Blaster Z

Reply 23 of 30, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
RogueTrip2012 wrote:

I'd recommend a Evercool copper 1U HSF (replace the loud fan though) but they are getting crazy in price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/EverCool-Low-Profile- … =item3f193a1e11

Then there's the shipping cost to the UK 😒. Is it just me, or does anyone else notice US ebay prices are a little high when it comes to retro/vintage hardware? I can get a similar "Startech copper 1U" cooler for about £10 here ($15)... Although i don't need a new one now as i sourced a second iP3/T which came with the original copper cooler 😀. It now means i have a spare iP3/T adapter just sitting here.

Reply 24 of 30, by m1919

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TELVM wrote:
Didn't know this Thermalright Si-9XV heatsink, looks interesting. […]
Show full quote

Didn't know this Thermalright Si-9XV heatsink, looks interesting.

12457056.jpg

It's handy for Socket 604 and 771 boards because the sockets are often placed side-by-side. That can be a problem when you want to get rid of stock cooling and find you have no room for thick fans because of the spacing.

They also work on the dual socket 940 K8T Master2-FAR, which uses non-standard Intel hole patterns and backplates for heatsink mounting.

Crimson Tide - EVGA 1000P2; ASUS Z10PE-D8 WS; 2x E5-2697 v3 14C 3.8 GHz on all cores (All core hack); 64GB Samsung DDR4-2133 ECC
EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3; EVGA 750 Ti SC; Sound Blaster Z

Reply 25 of 30, by RogueTrip2012

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PowerPie5000 wrote:
RogueTrip2012 wrote:

I'd recommend a Evercool copper 1U HSF (replace the loud fan though) but they are getting crazy in price. http://www.ebay.com/itm/EverCool-Low-Profile- … =item3f193a1e11

Then there's the shipping cost to the UK 😒. Is it just me, or does anyone else notice US ebay prices are a little high when it comes to retro/vintage hardware? I can get a similar "Startech copper 1U" cooler for about £10 here ($15)... Although i don't need a new one now as i sourced a second iP3/T which came with the original copper cooler 😀. It now means i have a spare iP3/T adapter just sitting here.

Yeah, exporting (shipping) anything outside the US is expensive. You can thank our greedy and stupid Government for that! Even before the ebay seller gouges some more 😒

I remember getting an outrageous quote to ship out of the states before.

> W98SE . P3 1.4S . 512MB . Q.FX3K . SB Live! . 64GB SSD
>WXP/W8.1 . AMD 960T . 8GB . GTX285 . SB X-Fi . 128GB SSD
> Win XI . i7 12700k . 32GB . GTX1070TI . 512GB NVME

Reply 26 of 30, by Scylla

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

You can bet that shipping costs from US auctions have increased a lot. Part of it is due to the ever-increasing costs of life, but also because most sellers will refuse to ship anything unregistered and registered mail is, of course, more expensive.

And to that you should add up random custom taxes. At least here in Spain they're awfully expensive, unfair and on top of that most couriers charge extra for "managing" them. I once bought a CPU for around twenty five euros shipped, only to be charged another fifteen on custom duties and twelve more by DHL "in concept of administration fees".

On the bright side, people from UK are always willing to ship to other EU countries even if they don't specifically say so. That's why I browse eBay UK frequently.

Reply 27 of 30, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Scylla wrote:

On the bright side, people from UK are always willing to ship to other EU countries even if they don't specifically say so. That's why I browse eBay UK frequently.

Shipping to other EU countries is easy as it's no more difficult than sending something within the UK (except it will cost a bit more)... I just don't understand UK sellers who refuse to ship to other EU countries seeing as there's no extra work involved.

Reply 28 of 30, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
PowerPie5000 wrote:

. I just don't understand UK sellers who refuse to ship to other EU countries seeing as there's no extra work involved.

They are afraid of buyers claiming stuff get "lost in the mail" and demanding refund. Ebay almost always part with the buyer. Scamming buyers are common unfortunately. Unless you live in a country with a "shady" post system chances of items getting lost are very slim.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 29 of 30, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Heh, I guess our local postal system must be one of those 'shady' ones... 🤣 (or perhaps it should read 'shitty'... 😜 )

I mean, what other explanation is there, when the moronic crosseyed postal goblins slightly misread my correctly(!) written first name/'christian name' and then brilliantly concludes that there is no person with that name on my address - even if everything, including my surname and the PO box number is a perfect match, and the shipment is of the 'Signed-for'(tracked/requires my signature!) variety.

AND then promptly ships everything all the way back to Austria.... <free choice of inappropriate language in this bracket!> ¤%&@£$...

...sorry, just a little off topic venting going on here.

PS:
as for the USA, the USPS suddenly over night almost doubled(yes, that means +100%!) most of their international First-Class rates a couple of months ago!
Hence even lightweight items now cost a small fortune to get shipped.
Even the flat rate Priority small box/cardboard envelopes got another 40-50% tacked on...

And none of those US sellers seem to even have heard of 'Registered' First-Class mail - they all harp on and on about Priority/Express etc, making it really hard to convince them... sigh... And when you finally do convince someone, getting 4(four) different post offices in a row that don't even acknowledge the existence of First-Class for international mail/package, then it REALLY is an uphill battle.

Ok, peace out 😁

Reply 30 of 30, by PowerPie5000

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
vetz wrote:
PowerPie5000 wrote:

. I just don't understand UK sellers who refuse to ship to other EU countries seeing as there's no extra work involved.

They are afraid of buyers claiming stuff get "lost in the mail" and demanding refund. Ebay almost always part with the buyer. Scamming buyers are common unfortunately. Unless you live in a country with a "shady" post system chances of items getting lost are very slim.

Fortunately Royal Mail will cover the cost of any items that "get lost" or damaged in the post as long as the value of the item is declared... I've had to claim a few times and had no issues getting the cost of the items refunded along with postage costs (they even gave me a free book of postage stamps each time too!).

I always advise the buyer to choose recorded shipping if the item is being sent abroad, but some people don't want to pay the extra. Poland has been the worst for "lost" parcels in my experience so far... Some parcels make it to Warsaw (Warszawa?) and then manage to disappear off the grid 😒. I know quite a few UK ebay sellers refuse to ship to places like Italy and Russia, but i've had no issues posting to those countries yet 😀... I've yet to send anything to Nigeria which is another country some people refuse to ship to.