ECS Elite UM8810PAIO REV:2.1

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 107, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi,

i had a BIOS Collection from some one here with all BIOS Files for all Revisions of UM8810 PAIO.
maybe some one has this zip file too ?
unfortunaly i cant find it..

Thanks

Matthias

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 101 of 107, by feipoa

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have an AWARD and a Phoenix BIOS for this board, but I wouldn't really call it a collection of various BIOS revisions. Have a look.

Attachments

• Filename
    ECS_Elite_UM8810PAIO.rar
    File size
    302.61 KiB
    Downloads
    207 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Plan your life wisely, you'll be dead before you know it.

Reply 102 of 107, by realoldguy23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bancho wrote:
How do i go about flashing the bios on this? If it possible to flash it using software or is it a chip out into a programmer job […]
Show full quote

How do i go about flashing the bios on this? If it possible to flash it using software or is it a chip out into a programmer jobbie?

MzjnsxXl.jpg

The BIOS chip looks like it has a ceramic package, which is usually pointing to an EPROM, so no Flash chip. You would need to program this in an external programmer.

You might also need to take a look at the DALLAS chip. Its battery is most surely dead by now.

Reply 103 of 107, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
realoldguy23 wrote:

The BIOS chip looks like it has a ceramic package, which is usually pointing to an EPROM, so no Flash chip. You would need to program this in an external programmer.

You might also need to take a look at the DALLAS chip. Its battery is most surely dead by now.

Thanks, i had a feeling it would require a programmer. Is it possible to pick up a programmer for a cheap price? Is there a specific one i would need to get? Is it possible to switch out an EPROM for an EEPROM?

I've replaced the DALLAS as it was in a socket.

Reply 104 of 107, by realoldguy23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Bancho wrote:

Thanks, i had a feeling it would require a programmer. Is it possible to pick up a programmer for a cheap price? Is there a specific one i would need to get? Is it possible to switch out an EPROM for an EEPROM?

Yes, it is possible if they are compatible and you program them outside of the board. But you surely need to check for pin compatibility. If you intent to do the programming on the board, then you need the exact flash/eeprom chip that the board manufacturer has planned for.

Regarding the programmer, google for TL866 and read recent forums posts to find out which model to buy. I don't have it myself. I bought a Batronix programmer, that is quite expensive (130€) for what it can do, but it is very reliable and the software is good. I didn't do much research before buying. I guess I would invest in something else, if I would buy one again.

Reply 105 of 107, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
matze79 wrote on 2018-10-07, 10:07:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

i had a BIOS Collection from some one here with all BIOS Files for all Revisions of UM8810 PAIO.
maybe some one has this zip file too ?
unfortunaly i cant find it..

Thanks

Matthias

I will do a dig in the offline archives. No guarantee though.

Reply 106 of 107, by zorex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi All,

Recently I bought ECS UM8810 PAIO rev.2.1 (Phoenix BIOS 4.04) with VRM module VR102 and Am486 DX4-100NV8T. It halted on boot with CMOS Battery error, so I bought from ebay Dallas replacement here https://www.ebay.com/itm/224631306391

Now system starts, and I soldered PS/2 pins and mouse works fine. But I got error Failure Fixed Disk 1 on POST screen when use HDD (500mb) or CF card (512Mb). DOS starts normally when I press F1 key. How can I fix this? Is there a way to use Am5x86 P75 133ADW?