VOGONS

First post, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does any one have any experience on how to build an AT power supply?
I know how to make a basic power supply for lets say a 12V device, but when it comes to something that needs to output various voltages at the same time i cant say much.

I wanted to analyze an 250W AT PSU i have and reconstruct it, but thought that would take more time than actually finding a schematic for it.

i wanted to start with google and some books, but i guess i should ask here as well. Work smart not hard 😜
Does any one know where can i get information or where should i start? I can get my board made at the local circuitry design shop. I dont have all the tools required to construct it my self (from chemicals to UV light box).

I get get components pretty easily, and i had in mind in making a more quality PSU. The board must be 145x110 [mm] (max 200x110 [mm]).

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"

Reply 1 of 8, by nforce4max

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

May as well build around the most modern components internally but you can figure everything else. I am not sure if there is any schematics on hand but you could copy the design on an existing unit then modify to your needs.

On a far away planet reading your posts in the year 10,191.

Reply 2 of 8, by Stojke

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was thinking of doing that. Its pretty clear which component is which and where is what connected. The PSU i have is an 250W 25A5V 10A12V 0.5A-5V 0.5A-12V.

I think its functional, but i was in water for a longer of period of time, some of the resistors legs snapped.
Plus two large wattage resistors have a black spot below them. And i think the master capacitors failed (a bit bulged).

Note | LLSID | "Big boobs are important!"