VOGONS

First post, by northernosprey02

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I have some unique question, is multi-monitor possible on Voodoo2 SLI when I have two output port in 2D card?

Example:
I have Matrox G400 DualHead and pairs of Voodoo2, I install them on computer. And I put passthrough on Voodoo2, each single output port connected to Voodoo2 (that mean two output connected with two Voodoo2 card).

Is it possible?

Reply 1 of 11, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

No.

The Voodoo2 reroutes the output signal of the 2D card and the second Voodoo2 through it's own output.

NitroX infinity's 3D Accelerators Arena | Yamaha RPA YGV611 & RPA2 YGV612 Info

Reply 4 of 11, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you remove the SLI connector, you can use a Voodoo2 as simple framebuffer based 2D card with no 2D WinGDI acceleration.
There exists a driver for Linux.
There is also a Softice version that supports V2 for debugging output.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 5 of 11, by ratfink

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@northernosprey02:

do you mean:

- a dual head g400 which each of the g400's vga output connected to a different voodoo2

- the v2's not connected by ribbon cable

- a monitor on each voodoo2

if so then my guess is:

- when the g400 is doing the video work, you should get it displayed on both monitors as the v2's get passed-through [do nothing]

- when you select the v2's to do the video work [like glide etc] then you will probably get one set of scanlines on one display, the other on the second display, IF you have the v2's set up in SLI mode

- if the v2's aren't set up in SLI mode... I have no idea 🤣

Reply 7 of 11, by NitroX infinity

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I doubt it. SLI routes the data from the second card through the ribbon cable if I'm not mistaking. So you'd probably only get half the image on the screen that's hooked up to the master card.

NitroX infinity's 3D Accelerators Arena | Yamaha RPA YGV611 & RPA2 YGV612 Info

Reply 8 of 11, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That would be an interesting hack, like set up four Voodoo 2s in two seperate SLI pairs in the same machine, then hook each of the SLI pairs to an output on a dual-head gpu, and hook a separate monitor up to each SLI pair. I don't think anyone's done this before, but I'm sure there must be some way to hack it together by coding special drivers and clients for certain games. 🤣

Reply 10 of 11, by northernosprey02

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
tincup wrote:

Yikes! I'm glad just to get Longbow 2 finally running like a champ and you ask about dual monitors? 😉

Are you running them in dual monitor and works well? Seriously?! 😳

Reply 11 of 11, by tincup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
northernosprey02 wrote:
tincup wrote:

Yikes! I'm glad just to get Longbow 2 finally running like a champ and you ask about dual monitors? 😉

Are you running them in dual monitor and works well? Seriously?! 😳

Haha! no....