VOGONS

First post, by madpanda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My dos machine uses this motherboard, J22 is the front panel connector.

http://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherboards/I/IB … 0-TYPE-A-2.html

It does not use a standard configuration having a ground for each button. It is either supposed to hook up to another board which uses common ground, or power is controlled through the seperate cd/dvd unit which i'd rather not hook up.

I thought I had figured out what the ground is on the motherboard port using a multimeter, pin 6. And pin 1 i'm pretty sure is power s/w because i had jumped it with a screwdriver previously.

I've tried splitting up a standard power switch header and connecting pin 1 and 6, it booted the system once, then it immediately powered off and would not start up again until I cleared the bios settings.

I double checked wiring and tried again, this time it started as normal, but the power button would not turn the system off.

Right now i start/stop the system by turning the power supply off, i'd like to keep the system under a desk hooked up to my kvm so this is less than ideal.

Any ideas here? I've also considered just hooking the front panel power switch to the green wire on the atx power and a ground but I am not sure how safe that is.