VOGONS

First post, by Private_Ops

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, I've got an Intel D815EEA2 that has onboard.. Well... Everything (with a 733mhz PIII).

I've got it set up and running barebones with Windows XP. Firstly, my monitor (i use this monitor for my main rig as well) has a max resolution of 1920x1080. For some reason, I get video tearing like static at any resolution over or under 1024x768. Is this a limitation of the chipset or just my monitor being wacky with VGA?

Also, I've read this board supports Tualatins (I didn't realize this when i originally bought it). I've saw 1.2GHz and 1.4Ghz (512k) models used in them by searching google. Can any confirm this?

Reply 1 of 4, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Private_Ops wrote:

So, I've got an Intel D815EEA2 that has onboard.. Well... Everything (with a 733mhz PIII).

I've got it set up and running barebones with Windows XP. Firstly, my monitor (i use this monitor for my main rig as well) has a max resolution of 1920x1080. For some reason, I get video tearing like static at any resolution over or under 1024x768. Is this a limitation of the chipset or just my monitor being wacky with VGA?

Also, I've read this board supports Tualatins (I didn't realize this when i originally bought it). I've saw 1.2GHz and 1.4Ghz (512k) models used in them by searching google. Can any confirm this?

Yes, the EEA2 version actually has the chipset revision which supports Tualatins. Anyway, you can buy a modded one from ebay that will work on FCPGA1 motherboards.

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 3 of 4, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Private_Ops wrote:

I don't NEED the modded tualatins do I? My understanding was I could just drop a stock 1.26 or 1.4GHz Tualatin in and go.

Exactly, you don't need modded cpus. but I mentioned it in case you have another motherboard which happens to be FCPGA1. Just update to the latest bios and you are ready to go.

Regarding the other issue, this is going to sound stupid, but try a CRT instead, maybe the driver is not reading the monitor's timings correctly?

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 4 of 4, by Private_Ops

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
subhuman@xgtx wrote:
Private_Ops wrote:

I don't NEED the modded tualatins do I? My understanding was I could just drop a stock 1.26 or 1.4GHz Tualatin in and go.

Exactly, you don't need modded cpus. but I mentioned it in case you have another motherboard which happens to be FCPGA1. Just update to the latest bios and you are ready to go.

Regarding the other issue, this is going to sound stupid, but try a CRT instead, maybe the driver is not reading the monitor's timings correctly?

Would love to... but... I don't actually own a CRT.

I planned on getting a video card for it anyway so I can live with it.