VOGONS

Reply 20 of 25, by d1stortion

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
gerwin wrote:

What I know of this track at Doom2 level 22 is that it is also used in level 08. And the midi time-length is 5:01. According to the posted MP3 file the hanging note matches the end of the song.

No, the tracks are not identical. See here.

Reply 21 of 25, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

All 35 tracks have different filenames there. But some years ago I made the package for world of game Mids and removed the duplicates, leaving 21 tracks.

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 22 of 25, by stbunny

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Both tracks seem to be the same but there's no hanging note in 8th level.

P55T2P4, Intel Pentium 133MHz, 32Mb EDO, S3 Virge 325, YMF-719s + SC-55, AHA-2940U2W, ST39175LW, UltraPlex40Max, Opti USB PCI, Sony CPD-G400P 19"

Reply 23 of 25, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Test results here:

YMF718 + XR385 - Hanging note as described in other posts
YMF718 + CM-32L - No hanging note... well the end note plays for a couple of seconds? Not sure if this is how the song ends, or if it's hanging but getting cut off due to lower polyphony on the CM-32L.

Would be interested in the results of a MPU-401/AT + XR385 test...

Reply 24 of 25, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
bjt wrote:
Test results here: […]
Show full quote

Test results here:

YMF718 + XR385 - Hanging note as described in other posts
YMF718 + CM-32L - No hanging note... well the end note plays for a couple of seconds? Not sure if this is how the song ends, or if it's hanging but getting cut off due to lower polyphony on the CM-32L.

Would be interested in the results of a MPU-401/AT + XR385 test...

mpu401at+cm-32L does have the hanging note
I can test mou401at+db50xg if you think it's interesting 😊

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 25 of 25, by bjt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ah OK. Guess this is definitely a software problem then.

I've found Sam and Max and Simon the Sorcerer 2 to also have software-based hanging note problems in GM mode. S&M even hangs on startup unless I disable L1 cache (P233).

Interestingly, Simon 2 is OK if SoftMPU is active. Guess it must be a timing issue, e.g not waiting for DRR?