PIII Laptop

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by cdoublejj

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
swaaye wrote:
I use ATITool or ATI Tray Tools to overclock it. If either work on 98 then it's possible. I don't run 98 on it though. […]
Show full quote
cdoublejj wrote:

is the overclock able in 98 as well? will morrowind run on 98? there is a new project called Open MW making a new engine for morrowind from the ground up with all sorts of optimizations.

Have you thought about flashing your clocks?

I use ATITool or ATI Tray Tools to overclock it. If either work on 98 then it's possible. I don't run 98 on it though.

Morrowind runs pretty nice thanks to the powerful CPU.

I don't want to mess around with flashing a modified video BIOS. It's very risky with notebooks since you can't put a backup card in and blind flashing may be impossible too because it may not even get through POST. I've been there before. There's also no reason to have it overclocked full time.

I think it's a good thing you reminded me of the risks as i have been flashing some desktop cards lately and probably would have been dumb enough to learn the hard way.

EDIT: now i want to oc my geforce 2.

Reply 21 of 22, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Old NVIDIA cards are so easy to overclock. You just need the coolbits.reg file that enables the registry setting for the hidden overclock page in the control panel.