VOGONS

First post, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey guys, For the ones that have 5500s I've just noticed that you can force AA on some DOS Glide games (the ones which are dynamically linked, that use an ovl file) just by running a Batch file for the game with the following enviroment setting variable: SET SSTH3_SLI_AA_CONFIGURATION=4

I can't promise it will work on all glide2x.ovl games but so far I have tested it on Carmageddon (3dfx.exe) and it works great. The only issue is that the fps now drop down from 60. I'll post some photos later on if you want.

Hope this helps

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 1 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here's the complete explanation of the SSTH3_SLI_AA_CONFIGURATION parameter, by the way:

SSTH3_SLI_AA_CONFIGURATION
HW: VSA100-based cards
Desc: SLI/AA setup
Note: (*) (!) works only at Glide-level?
Value:
1, 2, 4 chip cards
"0" - SLI & AA disable
"1" - SLI disabled, 2 sample AA enabled
2, 4 chip cards
"2" - 2-way SLI enabled, AA disabled
"3" - 2-way SLI enabled, 2 sample AA enabled
"4" - SLI disabled, 4 sample AA enabled
4 chip cards
"5" - 4-way SLI enabled, AA disabled
"6" - 4-way SLI enabled, 2 sample AA enabled
"7" - 2-way SLI enabled, 4 sample AA enabled
"8" - SLI disabled, 8 sample AA enabled

Of course, the said GLide game needs to be able to run on Voodoo5. So far I haven't been able to run Archimedean Dynasty on V5, for example.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 7, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
Here's the complete explanation of the SSTH3_SLI_AA_CONFIGURATION parameter, by the way: […]
Show full quote

Here's the complete explanation of the SSTH3_SLI_AA_CONFIGURATION parameter, by the way:

SSTH3_SLI_AA_CONFIGURATION
HW: VSA100-based cards
Desc: SLI/AA setup
Note: (*) (!) works only at Glide-level?
Value:
1, 2, 4 chip cards
"0" - SLI & AA disable
"1" - SLI disabled, 2 sample AA enabled
2, 4 chip cards
"2" - 2-way SLI enabled, AA disabled
"3" - 2-way SLI enabled, 2 sample AA enabled
"4" - SLI disabled, 4 sample AA enabled
4 chip cards
"5" - 4-way SLI enabled, AA disabled
"6" - 4-way SLI enabled, 2 sample AA enabled
"7" - 2-way SLI enabled, 4 sample AA enabled
"8" - SLI disabled, 8 sample AA enabled

Of course, the said GLide game needs to be able to run on Voodoo5. So far I haven't been able to run Archimedean Dynasty on V5, for example.

Thanks for adding that. I wanted to add that I'm using the latest Official beta for Win98.

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 3 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
subhuman@xgtx wrote:

Thanks for adding that. I wanted to add that I'm using the latest Official beta for Win98.

You mean this one?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....

Reply 4 of 7, by subhuman@xgtx

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
subhuman@xgtx wrote:

You mean this one?

V1.04.01b, the one which enables HSR.

7fbns0.png

tbh9k2-6.png

Reply 5 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Anyway, it seems that if the said DOS game works with Voodoo5, then the SSTH3_SLI_AA_CONFIGURATION will also work. The problem is that not all DOS GLide games work with Voodoo5. There are games that only work with Voodoo1 and Voodoo2, but not Voodoo5. As a rule of thumb, if it works with Banshee, then it works with Voodoo5.

There are also Windows GLide games that needs patch to work with Banshee and above (Voodoo3, Voodoo5). An example is NFS III.

Reply 6 of 7, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I haven't tested all the DOS games on my Voodoo5, but here is my DOS matrix compatibility for the Voodoo3 that I made previously. It should be very similar with Voodoo 4 and 5.

v3_3dfx.PNG

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 7 of 7, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
vetz wrote:
I haven't tested all the DOS games on my Voodoo5, but here is my DOS matrix compatibility for the Voodoo3 that I made previously […]
Show full quote

I haven't tested all the DOS games on my Voodoo5, but here is my DOS matrix compatibility for the Voodoo3 that I made previously. It should be very similar with Voodoo 4 and 5.

v3_3dfx.PNG

It seems that if it runs on Voodoo3, then it should run on Voodoo5. I haven't discovered any games that runs on Voodoo3 but don't run on Voodoo5. Isn't VSA-100 merely Avenger with scalability and 32-bit color?

Anyway, it's a good thing Jetfighter III runs on Voodoo5. 😀