VOGONS

First post, by squareguy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Okay after reading some posts that mentioned http://www.pc-1.ru/ I am curious how to order from them, I live in the United States and do not speak or read Russian. I have tried searching the forums but anything with pc-1.ru results in nothing found. Any tips? Has anyone that only speaks English ordered from them?

Gateway 2000 Case and 200-Watt PSU
Intel SE440BX-2 Motherboard
Intel Pentium III 450 CPU
Micron 384MB SDRAM (3x128)
Compaq Voodoo3 3500 TV Graphics Card
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
Western Digital 7200-RPM, 8MB-Cache, 160GB Hard Drive
Windows 98 SE

Reply 1 of 7, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

They have shipping service but do not ship outside of Russia, even to russian-speaking neighbour countries like Belarus or Ukraine.

I think you should find someone living in Moscow (their offline shop is located there) to buy needed components for you, then send them.

This shop has relatively high prices, but for some components prices are ridiculously low. Also they have lots of NOS parts. NOS AWE32 CT2760 costs nearly $10, same with NOS STB Voodoo 2 12 Mb; NOS PCI Aureal Vortex SQ2500 costs $3... and there's a crapload of them.

Note that Russian post service is notorious for its sluggishness and unreliability (some international sellers even won't ship to Russia because of it). Thus you should think about tracked and insured delivery.

I think you can PM me about the matter. I am often visiting Moscow and acquainted with the shop, since I bought myself some parts there.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 2 of 7, by squareguy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I wouldn't mind getting a stack of those SQ2500's. I will PM later.

Gateway 2000 Case and 200-Watt PSU
Intel SE440BX-2 Motherboard
Intel Pentium III 450 CPU
Micron 384MB SDRAM (3x128)
Compaq Voodoo3 3500 TV Graphics Card
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
Western Digital 7200-RPM, 8MB-Cache, 160GB Hard Drive
Windows 98 SE

Reply 3 of 7, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have ordered some parts from this site (I live in Moskow). Results will see later.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 4 of 7, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok.
Good - order is received in the same day (by courier).
Bad - 1 position in the order isn't proper (I have ordered Asus TUSL2 motherboard, have received Asus CUSL2). So - there can be errors in the pricelist.
Not-so-bad - 7 days money back/replacement.

P.S. They have checked stocks, unfortunatedly there is no Asus TUSL2, only Asus TUSL2-C.

Last edited by Gamecollector on 2013-09-30, 14:33. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 5 of 7, by RacoonRider

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I live in Omsk, that's a different part of the country. I ordered from there too, a huge pack containing Vortex 2, 12Mb Voodoo 2, Diamond Monster Sound M80, CT2760, MilleniumII, some other stuff. most new old stock. All came well-packed in a large box. I paid around $60, as they charge $30 for shipment, which is crazy... But the hardware itself is very cheap and has no damage on it.

Reply 6 of 7, by bristlehog

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sometimes it has. NOS CT2760 I bought there was damaged: plastic memory holders were broken, some pins bent and even the PCB itself chipped in the corner. However, I were allowed to take any other one instead. Every one I inspected was damaged in some way, mostly the memory holders. I took the lest damaged and went away.

Voodoo2 and Aureal SQ2500 all were in perfect condition though.

Hardware comparisons and game system requirements: https://technical.city

Reply 7 of 7, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Have replaced CUSL2 to TUSL2-C. The motherboard is working...