VOGONS

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hiya!

can anyone here recommend me a patched MPU401 driver what allows multiple program access?
The stock 98SE just allows 1 program per time and it is getting really annoying quickly...
I found that Twelve Tone Systems have a MPU401 driver bundled with cakewalk, I have been gifted v9 , anyone have any experience with it? There is a .INF and a MPU.DR_ in the installation directory.
Also GSPANEL comes with a driver but I think that's a 3.1 patched one , I am almost certain it gets loaded from system.ini or something...it does not replace the stock one, you just have more IN/OUT options (Roland MPU401 (stock) and MPU401 (patched) ) and you end up with 2 drivers the way I see it.
I also found some "layer" type solutions like virtual ports/cables , I would like to avoid them if possible.

Thanks in advance for any info!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 1 of 1, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

edit: tried the cakewalk mpu driver, I get a yellow exclamation mark on the MPU401AT device and I uninstalled it... 🙁
back to square 1 regarding a "good" driver without extras running

edit: forget that statement, cakewalk driver works alone and needs the stock windows driver uninstalled completely. Also it does not show in Device Manager... it's an older system.ini one 😵

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website