Pentium 2 question

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by mr_bigmouth_502

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
pkw4 wrote:

@mr_bigmouth_502 : nice new sig, my ram is 800mhz@5-5-5-18, i also would have liked a p35 but is costly for a decent 775 board these days, though i do have an asus m4a78lt-m for a phenom II x4 build to eventually replace my main box.

I played with the idea of getting a better 775 board myself, but I decided that if I was going to do that, I may as well invest in a new platform. 🤣 Strange as it seems, I actually had this board sitting around for a year and a half before I decided to install it. One of the main reasons why I picked it up is because I managed to get it for $50, and it seemed to have better features than the board I was running before.

Also, the reason why I'm running my RAM overclocked is because I've noticed that that seems to have an even greater impact on my performance than my CPU clockspeed. Unfortunately, if I take my RAM any higher than this it starts having problems booting up, running Prime95, and just running stably at all. 🤣 Also, even though it says 474.5MHz in my sig, it's really twice that, since it gets doubled.

Reply 21 of 21, by pkw4

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i wont order overseas due to postage costs. i also have a k6-2 500@550mhz on an acer ali aladdin V board with 256mb pc100 i have recently rebuilt, running with a creative 3d blaster TNT PCI and a diamond monster 3d2. as for sound cards im stuck with aload of sb 128 pci cards. i have been tempted to get a p2 333mhz with 66mhz fsb for my qdi board and a board for my SLOT A athlon. one of the rarest things iv had was an msi board with integrated voodoo3.