VOGONS

First post, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have this chip integrated onto my motherboard. Can anyone provide a working driver?

I've tried various drivers from around the internet and can't seem to make any of them work. I also have PCI boards for the ES1370, ES1371, and (creative-branded) ES1373. I can't seem to get any of them to work.

Considering the motherboard has one of these chips on it, I think we can rule out some kind of incompatibility there.

Can anyone offer advice on this?

Reply 1 of 11, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So what motherboard are you speaking of?
I couldn't find this information in your request.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 2 of 11, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The motherboard is a Shuttle HOT-675V:
http://www.shuttle.eu/_archive/older/de/675v. … tm#spezifikatio

The problem isn't with the motherboard. It's with the drivers. As I said, I can't get ANY of my ES137* PCI cards to emit sound.

After initializing the driver using apinit.com/sbinit.com and confirming the correct IRQ and ports for use with apconfig.exe/sbcfg.exe, when I go to use them in a game it is not detected and/or no sound it emitted for either digital or fm/midi.

When running the driver tool aptest.exe/sbtest.exe there is always some text saying it can't detect the card despite being detected and setup by apinit.com/sbinit.com. The apinit/sbinit tool will say it can't proceed if the correct card is not detected. So I don't understand why, after it gets setup, aptest/sbtest then cannot detect it.

Reply 3 of 11, by STX

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try plugging one of your cards into a different computer that's running Windows XP. Windows XP has built-in drivers for the AudioPCI series, so you'll know within 5 minutes whether the problem exists in your motherboard or your sound card. (Don't forget to open the Control Panel and choose the AudioPCI-based card for sound output before testing it.)

I once owned a motherboard that was failing due to bad capacitors. The first part that totally stopped working was an ES1373. I figured that the ES1373 was dead, so I threw it away and replaced it with a Rockwell/Conexant Riptide Chameleon, which worked until the motherboard became so dysfunctional that it wouldn't even boot. So, to me, an AudioPCI card that can't be fully detected is an early indication that the motherboard is failing, but I could be wrong. It's not a pattern that I've seen over & over.

Reply 5 of 11, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

From my experience I had already the situation that the default driver don't works on onboard solutions. I don't have the Shuttle Spacewalker CD for the board in my archive.
Maybe you try some different drivers like Creative SB AudioPCI 128, SB PCI 128, PCI 128. (note the small differences in names)

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 6 of 11, by Kahenraz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Forget the motherboard. I can't get ANY of my AudioPCI boards to work. And I've tried every driver I can find.

I can always get sbinit/apinit to recognize the the card but sbtest/aptest and games never see it. I must be missing something which has to be done after the initialization.