VOGONS

First post, by MrD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have (what I believe is) an ISA Aztech AT-3300 audio/gameport/dialup modem card, taken from a Packard Bell multimedia PC from around 1997. The AZTECH chip in the lower-centre is AZT2320, with OPL.

Does anybody know if this card had any DOS sound drivers released, and where I could find them?

I've found what I -think- is a set of drivers for the card, but they look to be Win 3.1/95 only. http://download.modem-help.co.uk/mfcs-A/Aztech/AT-3300/ Included in the archive is AZTPNP.EXE which may be a DOS program that you can include in your autoexec to initalise the card for Sound Blaster Pro sound in DOS (which would then let you use the card in Win 3.1), but no matter what options I use (it has settings for SB Pro high DMA numbers and IDE support enable/disable), it gives the error 'Can't access C:/AZTPNP.CFG' when I run it. This happens when that file doesn't exist, or exists but is blank. I don't know what format the cfg file is supposed to be, so I can't write it myself without an example.

Attachments

• Filename
    100_7256aztech-at3300.JPG
    File size
    260.86 KiB
    Downloads
    No downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 2, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This should do: ftp://78.46.141.148/mirrors/ftp.aztech.com.sg/sg/p16iii/
Runs fine with those drivers here in DOS.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 2 of 2, by MrD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you very much!

Though, I'm not sure which archive from there I should be looking at. Should I use P1633D-1 ZIP and P1633D-2 ZIP? Or is the AZTPNP.ZIP a version of aztpnp that's more likely to work?