VOGONS

Reply 20 of 28, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So it's not depending on the DX-Version that is installed?
Win98se comes with SB16 drivers that are used for my CT4170.
Regularly I update them with a special package that is for all? isa-sb-cards?

Retro-Gamer 😀 ...on different machines

Reply 21 of 28, by silentwulf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
dr.zeissler wrote:

So it's not depending on the DX-Version that is installed?
Win98se comes with SB16 drivers that are used for my CT4170.
Regularly I update them with a special package that is for all? isa-sb-cards?

What version of DX are you using, out of curiosity?
I'm using 7.0

Reply 23 of 28, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

just yesterday it append in the conversation that I talk about how hard it was to mount an iso as a fake cdrom in win98 and you could just open it as an archive with most of the tools and someone gave me a link to this software :

Virtual CD-ROM

Updated 12/14/2001

Looking for Fake CD, Virtual Drive, CD Copier, or Daemon Tools? Read the paragraph at the bottom of this page.

Virtual CD-ROM: I used to advocate this product all over the internet. This was one of those rare pieces of software I registered 2 days after downloading it. It was just that good. So I told all my friends how wonderful it was and got THEM to buy it, too. Well... Sucks to be me. The designer got gobbled by another company and all their products, and support for their products, got dropped.
So now I end up doing tech support on it for all the people I talked into getting it. But here it is for all you performance/convenience buffs out there.

New Version Released!
First came Logicraft with Virtual CD-ROM 1.0. Then Microtest bought the technology and licensed it to the various designers of the 2.0 utilities -- none of which had all the features of the original Virtual CD-ROM. Now, finally, Microtest itself has created Virtual CD 3.0 -- a true and worthy successor to the original Virtual CD-ROM. It succeeds where the 2.X products failed, with more copy methods, full support for Windows 95/98/NT/Me/2000, better support of non-data CD formats, and better network support. Visit Microtest's Virtual CD website at http://www.virtualcd-online.com to try it out.

Reply 25 of 28, by PoulpSquad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey all,

Same exact issue here with Windows 98 SE and an AWE32 CT3900 with DAEMON Tools 3.47 (I'm using BIN/CUE images).

As expected, DOS games output music, but Windows games stay silent.

Setting drive letter to D: does not appear to change anything, nor does toggling digital audio on and off.

The link for MagicISO appears to be dead (http://www.magicdisc.net/setup_magicdisc105.exe).

Some users have had some success by using WDM drivers, but it appears they don't exist for Windows 98SE.

Is it possible to use Windows ME WDM drivers? How should I proceed to extract and install them in Windows 98?

Regards