VOGONS

Reply 20 of 24, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have the CMS chips installed on my SB CT-1320 card. It does not require any CMS drivers. I have played The Colonel's Bequest (Sierra's Laura Bow 1) using the CMS/Game Blaster option, and it plays well.

That's the beauty of this card. It does not require those drivers to function. Not until the advent of SB16, that you needed to load so many memory consuming drivers foe the cards to function.

The only reason that you may want to use the installation disks is to copy the Creative's software like the Talking Parrot, Dr. Sbaitso, FM Organ and the dos CMF player. And it also copies the said TSRs (sbfm, etc..) and the ct-voice directory.

IIRC, the setup will only place the SET statements in the autoexec.bat file.There won't be any TSRs loaded or placed by the setup.

Edit: I don't remember seeing a "CMS driver"...

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 21 of 24, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

there is a "cms tsr" like there is an "adlib tsr" , some games might need it... can't say about CMS because I didn't pay much attention to it yet but it could be the same as the adlib tsr (take for example rick dangerous 2, you won't get any music without adlib.com loaded)
I am attaching the CMS driver just in case...

Attachments

• Filename
    SBC-CMS-drv.rar
    File size
    3.38 KiB
    Downloads
    45 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 22 of 24, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Right. Sorry I forgot to add in that I don't remember seeing it in the installation disks that came with the CT-1320.

Is it the same that I have uploaded (Game Blaster TSR)?

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers

Reply 23 of 24, by PeterLI

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My solution to challenges like this is to use multiple systems for different sound cards. I use a separate PS/2 Model 30 8086 for my LAPC-I, another one for my SB1.5 and another one that will get an MPU-IPC-T next month. 😊

Reply 24 of 24, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
keropi wrote:

there is a "cms tsr" like there is an "adlib tsr" , some games might need it... can't say about CMS because I didn't pay much attention to it yet but it could be the same as the adlib tsr (take for example rick dangerous 2, you won't get any music without adlib.com loaded)
I am attaching the CMS driver just in case...

This is the same TSR that comes with the installation disks for SB 1.5??

Does creative has its own CMS testing program that works on the SB 1.5 CMS part?

~ At least it can do black and white~