VOGONS

First post, by FeedingDragon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

OK, 3 days of searching and no luck. Does anyone have the details of how to set up the Pavilion 8580C motherboard (Intel 440BX chipset on P2B-VT motherboard?) This one has an 8meg built in TNT graphics card. How to set the jumpers, what and where all the connectors are, details on the BIOS, that sort of thing. The HP web site http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?cc … n&product=61550 has a lot of the information about the system, but does not have any of the really needed details. Under "User Manuals," all they have are manuals for the HDDs that came with the system. Go to the forum and many other people have asked for what I want, and never received a response. Try to e-mail HP and they want you to pay just to read your e-mail (answer your call, get into chat, whatever,) and according to another forum I found in my web searching, they won't answer those questions anyway. About the only thing I found was that the information I need was only provided in digital form on a new 8580C system (also available after a system restore.) So the only way I can think of the find it would be if someone has a hard copy, or still has the digital copy somewhere.

Feeding Dragon