VOGONS

First post, by Megadisk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So I've been working on this Toshiba 4600 laptop that I got the other day for gaming. Formatted-it and reinstalled windows 98se. Thanks to some of these programs and utilities is working quite well: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/105936-last-v … r-windows-98se/

I downloaded the last supported version of Directx which is version 9.0c (December patch) but when it opens is asking me to install it somewhere(browse?). Where exactly is this suppose to go in windows 98se?

Thanks for your help.

Reply 4 of 6, by Megadisk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

You're supposed to run the setup program in the folder you extract it to.

Ok , so where am I suppose to put this folder in?.

So far I made a folder in "my documents", downloaded Directx9.0c and save it there, after I run the setup from there that's when it ask me where to extract it to?, which I point to the temp folder. So this is wrong and am I suppose to extract it in the same folder in my documents instead?

Thanks!

Reply 5 of 6, by Mau1wurf1977

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

First you extract / unpack it, which is where you point it to that folder.

Then you go to that folder and look for SETUP or INSTALL which you double click.

My website with reviews, demos, drivers, tutorials and more...
My YouTube channel

Reply 6 of 6, by fyy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Megadisk wrote:

So I've been working on this Toshiba 4600 laptop that I got the other day for gaming. Formatted-it and reinstalled windows 98se. Thanks to some of these programs and utilities is working quite well: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/105936-last-v … r-windows-98se/

I downloaded the last supported version of Directx which is version 9.0c (December patch) but when it opens is asking me to install it somewhere(browse?). Where exactly is this suppose to go in windows 98se?

Thanks for your help.

It's a self extracting archive. Think of it as being similar to a .zip or .rar file. After you extract it you run the setup. Some self extracting archives will automatically start the setup after extracting as well.